Line Up!

Don

Line up!
I just ordered Sufix Siege from Scheels. 4lb line with a 3lb tippet. I priced it all around but noticed that Scheels had pretty much the lowest price(8.99) and gave free freight (8-10 value). I guess Amazon would offer free freight but but I couldn't find Tangerine 4lb so I ordered from Scheels. Thought I'd pass it on.

Don

you were the one that got me started...I think from the old site...this year it will 4 and 8lb Seige and for catfish 10lb Sufix Advance.

MB3

I was sold using 20lb in salt. The mate couldn't break it, took multiple tries. I hooked a giant branch in a stream in Blakeslee rec area with 4lb test. Pulled the whole thing in. Haven't changed brands since.

Reactions: Don

Don

XL and big game do not lay right on level wind or spin cast. It looks sand feels like wound honeysuckle vine. Not payin fer that.

A-5

XL and big game do not lay right on level wind or spin cast. It looks sand feels like wound honeysuckle vine. Not payin fer that.
Really. Don’t have a problem. It’s great. Main line is dumb and the least I worry about. Baitcasters, centerpin and batcaster is what I use. It works just fine. Gold label blue label and cabelas ice Fluro best around.

Reactions: Don

Don

The worst Line I had on my bait caster was Blue Kast King. It laid terrible and and was too stiff to tie nice knots. XL was bearable but I won't buy more. If you've only ever driven a rambler then you'll simply never have the camparative needed to appreciate Beemers. Nothing wrong with Ramblers,,,,,I guess.

Don

Really. Don’t have a problem. It’s great. Main line is dumb and the least I worry about. Baitcasters, centerpin and batcaster is what I use. It works just fine. Gold label blue label and cabelas ice Fluro best around.
What weight do you normally use on your Baitcasters? Spinning reels?

Don

I was sold using 20lb in salt. The mate couldn't break it, took multiple tries. I hooked a giant branch in a stream in Blakeslee rec area with 4lb test. Pulled the whole thing in. Haven't changed brands since.
I watched a video recently that sampled four popular line brands . Big game won overall by one point over Sufix. Sufix took two categories: Considerably better abrasion resistance, and stretch....you simply cant break it. If you don't like stretch the new Sufix Advance cures that itch. It is a copolymer that was popular enough that Sufix had to give it a separate website and marketing strategy. I fish weeds and swamps and rely on stretchiness to spare my lures. in open clear water I have enjoyed Advance.

Reactions: MB3