Need a Boondoggle thread

Gremcat

I’ll start, SC Gator middle coastal, land of Dinos, Sept. 12-15th. Best zone in world and took 12 years.

Mid-Oct Golden, BC ~ Bull Trout and Char/Brookies. Found a guide but since I’ll already be in Calgary I’m flying up with my center pin.

Southern fox squirrels ~ Odd I know, bucket list since I grew up hunting greys since I could crawl. Those “cat” squirrels look like ground hogs.

Anyone have fall plans?

Blackcat Outdoors

Fall is backpacking season for me. Planning a 3 day trip to the West Rim trail with the daughter for second week in October and an AT section hike starting around Hawk Mountain end of September so far.

Got my time off approved for deer season, so that'll be a 3-4 day camp out for me and the kiddo too.

MB3

Take a stab at muskies a time or two. Attempt to fish Wallenpaupack once the Summer crowd leaves. Mostly by then I want to get back to the effort I'm used to towards fishing. I've had back to back shit years fishing, this one is better but I want to finish it strong.

MB3

I’m going to do the same thing I’ve been doing fish as much as I can throw in some deer hunting and Ohhh yeah it’s firewood season AGAIN!!!!!!
We have piles of smaller logs already cut but needs to be split. Some seasoned some newly cut up. Some hard wood some better for camp fire wood. Easy 2-3 pick up beds full if needed.

Melvinp

We have piles of smaller logs already cut but needs to be split. Some seasoned some newly cut up. Some hard wood some better for camp fire wood. Easy 2-3 pick up beds full if needed.
Thank you very much for the offer but I’ll have to get more like 25 to 30 loads to feed the monster at the shop have plenty of trees that need cutting up just have to do it year after year after year.

Reactions: MB3

MB3

Thank you very much for the offer but I’ll have to get more like 25 to 30 loads to feed the monster at the shop have plenty of trees that need cutting up just have to do it year after year after year.
That sounds like a lot of work lol

Gremcat

You guys know we have gas and even 'lectrisitee now? This is the 21st century after all ;)
Went from 2 heat pumps and 2 Keystoker coal stoves to 4 heat pumps. Bill jumped $50/mo. Coal threw some heat and was cheap but wasn’t covering much of the need at our place. Been taking out the electric baseboards and the electric tile heating fan/ceiling thing in bathrooms too. They had a big wall unit thing just to stay warm when greeting someone at door!

The big fireplace we talked about putting an insert in. I knew she wouldn’t keep it going much and math didn’t work even with 5-7 cords of wood I had split. Gave wood to a neighbor and just use it on cold days with kids. They suck heat out so not really efficient. I’ve 4 stone chimneys now but only use 1. Saw some massive places going up on Greenwich CT that had brick chimneys across to match the other colonial mansions I guess. Probably will be gas inserts.

I’d love to get gas for fireplace maybe but kitchens would be great. We’ve had glass cooktops every place. My Brother has the induction deal which seems nicer but I like big commercial gas burners.