Newbie with an Odd Catch

Bigbass101

First post on the board as I had an invite to check this board out. This is the second seagull I've saved in the last year. The first one had a reef runner stuck in its feet. This one was tangled in something completely different. It managed to get a couple good pecks in to before I was able to release it. Have any of you ever experienced this on the water before. Luckily, I managed to capture it on video.

Saved Seagull Video Link

SeagullSmall.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Welcome to the site and nicely done!

I once rescued a small shark that was beached with a hook and sinker stuck in him. My family and I wanted to do a sea shell hunt one morning as the sun rose and I saw him. Removed the hook, revived him and watched him swim away. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate sharks! It's true but I'm a sucker for helping out something in nature that needs it.

MB3

Welcome aboard!! I actually had a gull get tangled in my line fishing from the surf in NJ. I was able to get him free, I actually saved a Bluefish who beached himself. I have a video of it somewhere. We have saved a few animals like ducks and geese in our travels, even a chipmunk swimming across the middle of a large lake.

Bigbass101

Welcome bass brother! Now that you posted. We need all hot spots downloaded to the server. Immediately!
:LOL: I was hoping you were going to volunteer your honey holes.
Welcome aboard!! I actually had a gull get tangled in my line fishing from the surf in NJ. I was able to get him free, I actually saved a Bluefish who beached himself. I have a video of it somewhere. We have saved a few animals like ducks and geese in our travels, even a chipmunk swimming across the middle of a large lake.
I'm surprised something didn't slurp in that chipmunk. Nice job saving those creatures.