Off to College tomorrow

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
We will be hitting the road in the AM to drop my daughter off at PSU for her first year of college.

She is our youngest child, our baby, I can’t even express how proud I am of her. She is an incredible person and I know she will make a huge impression going forward…and that’s not even the Dad in me talking, just a small sample of what neighbors, friends, school and her employer say about her.

Our son still lives with us but we hardly see him now with a full time job, girlfriend, a life of his own. Life is going to be odd the next few months for Deb and me. No more kids to do things for, remind for, taxi for, etc. but I know I’ll look forward to Madi’s returns on break to hear about everything new in her life.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I don’t deal with very well.
I have no idea for me to be honest. My son went to Kutztown for 2 years, first year was Covid so he was home. 2nd year he was home almost every weekend so not much changed for us, especially since Madi still needed tending to for lack of a better term or phrase. Good ol Hank will be the center of attention now I guess. Lol like he already isn’t. ;)

A-5

I have contacts at State College. Uncle Tony and my nephew. If she needs someone takin care of quickly efficiently….

Let me know

Don

I’d be all busted up if I had to dump one of my kids off at one of those asylums. I was spared that as my only college grad went to Lafayette right up the street. Best to you moms and dads that have to do that. PSU is sure worthwhile.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The trip was a success! A little traffic going out as thousands of others were doing the same thing and campus was organized chaos moving in. My wife and I stayed in a hotel Friday night and then saw Madi again Saturday to walk the grounds for her class locations. We all got our steps in!!

There were tears by all and of course the “I want to go home” moment. You could see that expression on many of the kids faces there but give it a week of routine and finding some friends, she will be fine.

This week is going to be weird but I’ll do exactly what I told my daughter to do, bury your head in your classes (for me work) and the feelings will subside and the new norm will be ok.

Melvinp

Just put 1200 miles in to down and back to Michigan mines a jr now and growing up way to fast for my liking but that’s life and I’m sure not getting in her way she would run me over like a bulldozer lol