Offer Accepted

truecrimson

He has mentioned here and there all the way back to the old forum. Recently he started a thread on it as he has actually begun preparations.

My knowledge of non plastic boats is very limited, so I am of no use regarding them. I would love to join him, but it is not feasible for me at this time due to work and life stuff. My understanding is that he plans to do it in segments rather than straight through.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
He has mentioned here and there all the way back to the old forum. Recently he started a thread on it as he has actually begun preparations.

My knowledge of non plastic boats is very limited, so I am of no use regarding them. I would love to join him, but it is not feasible for me at this time due to work and life stuff. My understanding is that he plans to do it in segments rather than straight through.
Quite the summary. Thank you!!

Don

Oh boy. Are you gearing up for salt or just want a big freshwater boat to play overnights in?
Medium C-Dory. Big enough to overnight at Barnegat....small enough to Fish Nock, MC and BM. Then I have the little drifter for use at Pocono lakes. Probably won't keep it too many years but I've done the loop portions from Tighlman Island in St Michaels MD all the way out the Long Island Sound to Bristol RI. That was by sail. This time it will be a little powerboat. We're looking for a C-Dory 22. They're very hard to find and actually hold their value incredibly well. Many from the 80's and 90's are selling for more than they did when new. We have both missed sleeping aboard since selling our last sailboat in the early 2000's. Cozy little cabin.Sleeps 4.View attachment _DSC0053.JPG
I turn 65 next month. I retire in about three yrs. This boat will kind of be like a retirement gift for us to hopefully enjoy a bit together. She deserves it even more than me as she worked full time all these years and has also watched me well.
Kim Grew up in Philippine Islands as her parents were commissioned as missionaries by a church in Doylestown (where we met as kids). She longs for Clear Saltwater....or any type. I long for Water...any type.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Medium C-Dory. Big enough to overnight at Barnegat....small enough to Fish Nock, MC and BM. Then I have the little drifter for use at Pocono lakes. Probably won't keep it too many years but I've done the loop portions from Tighlman Island in St Michaels MD all the way out the Long Island Sound to Bristol RI. That was by sail. This time it will be a little powerboat. We're looking for a C-Dory 22. They're very hard to find and actually hold their value incredibly well. Many from the 80's and 90's are selling for more than they did when new. We have both missed sleeping aboard since selling our last sailboat in the early 2000's. Cozy little cabin.Sleeps 4.View attachment 5634
I turn 65 next month. I retire in about three yrs. This boat will kind of be like a retirement gift for us to hopefully enjoy a bit together. She deserves it even more than me as she worked full time all these years and has also watched me well.
Kim Grew up in Philippine Islands as her parents were commissioned as missionaries by a church in Doylestown (where we met as kids). She longs for Clear Saltwater....or any type. I long for Water...any type.
That’s sounds like a nice way to spend your retirement years. I wish you luck on bringing the plan together.

Don

I’m kind of a history buff on early American progress. There is so much to be proud about for this nation. I enjoy just basking in the limelight of history. Most of this route covers America through the 1850’s.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m kind of a history buff on early American progress. There is so much to be proud about for this nation. I enjoy just basking in the limelight of history. Most of this route covers America through the 1850’s.
As I get older, I find history more and more interesting and can appreciate your point of view. All of those passageways were responsible for establishing transport and industry and turned us into an industrial juggernaut.

truecrimson

It's not like it's a secret. How many times have I said to you guys "Post more fish pics for those of us who aren't fishing!"