OSP Dice Bait

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
OSP Dice Bait seems to be the latest finesse trend out of Japan this summer. Every summer there is a "new" bait, with eye-brow raising results of course.

This is a link to Tackle Warehouse OSP Saikoro "Dice" Rubber Non-Salt Soft Bait - Tackle Warehouse if you want to see what it looks like but even more, what they cost. About $6.25 each, NO thank you!

However ;) I caught a video on YouTube about how to make them yourself for basically pennies and I did just that. Here is a link to the video for reference, he shows underwater views of the bait in action and I thought it looked interesting.

Here is how mine turned out. I'll have to make a trip out soon to try it.

IMG_2353.jpeg

truecrimson

Japan? Haven't the fly guys been making something very similar forever? Looks interesting. I'll give it a try.

pabassman

I havent dealt with the dice bait idea but skirt strands on craws, senkos, and especially neds has been happening for a while. The folks in Japan have been on the cutting edge of bass catching for a long time.

Melvinp

Oh boy there’s going to be a lot of mad wives out there when they can’t find their sewing kits lol

Reactions: Don

Don

OSP Dice Bait seems to be the latest finesse trend out of Japan this summer. Every summer there is a "new" bait, with eye-brow raising results of course.

This is a link to Tackle Warehouse OSP Saikoro "Dice" Rubber Non-Salt Soft Bait - Tackle Warehouse if you want to see what it looks like but even more, what they cost. About $6.25 each, NO thank you!

However ;) I caught a video on YouTube about how to make them yourself for basically pennies and I did just that. Here is a link to the video for reference, he shows underwater views of the bait in action and I thought it looked interesting.

Here is how mine turned out. I'll have to make a trip out soon to try it.

View attachment 5393
Do they come with quarters?

Don

I bet Melvin would do well with these o. Suspended rainbows and giant gills at Upper Mill. Pa would do well with Perch at Prompton. Certain Salmon guys might find that they cause Salmon to eat them so you wouldn’t have to be a Snagger

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
If you made small ones they would work for panfish and trout.
The guy in the video I posted did say you’re going to have to weed through some small fish but the big ones like them too. I’m going to try them on anything that wants to bite it.

pabassman

I bet Melvin would do well with these o. Suspended rainbows and giant gills at Upper Mill. Pa would do well with Perch at Prompton. Certain Salmon guys might find that they cause Salmon to eat them so you wouldn’t have to be a Snagger
I doubt I'll ever use that. Not my style lol.

Reactions: Don