Power bait dip

Don M

Now I'm not a real fan of power bait. But I use Gulp Alive products, and save the juice. I put my trout magnets in the juice.
I saw this today for the first time Power Bait dip (Roe). Has anyone used this?2022-02-22.png

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Not me but I do use scents on my plastics. I do use Gulp Alive as well, mostly because that is how they package their mullet plastics that I use for fluke and 1” minnows for crappie. I honestly don’t feel that it improves the bite.

Conversely, I do tip my bass plastics with a scent and do feel that it helps. Ironic isn’t it.

A-5

I use smelly jelly or types of those scents. I like a jelly based bait instead of liquid/oil. Jellly sticks to the bait better than liquid based. Hint. Don’t put the jelly on hair or feathers of a jig. It goes on the jig head. It will effect the presentation

Solitario Lupo

Never used it but if it’s powerbait I would just use the paste and just roll up a ball. You could even rub some on plastic to give it a little scent.

Reactions: Don

Don

Brutal reply’s to an honest thread from a Perkasian.

So the there are at least to themes here. One has anyone used the Berkely Gulp Alive Scent and two, where or how do you apply it and three, if your not using it what are you using.

It is kind of scary that all Dons think alike. I opened my phone this morning to ask these very questions myself only to find that 309 beat me to it.

Don do you think that the liquid gulp juice is helpful on all trout or only on stocked trout?

A-5

Scent covers human scent. I agree with TS. I’m not a huge scent guy but I do use to “maybe get edge”. But nothing trumps hitting them in the strike zone. In my opinion

Don M

I do think scents work. Do I think it works on my trout magnets (Gulp juice), I honestly don't know. But I do know no sense throwing a half bottle of juice away. So instead of putting a used bait in my plano, into the jar it goes, and doesn't dry out. I keep ALL the trout I catch (200 -250) and I feed my dog Husky/Pit mix) the trout. So if I have a day and nothing is taking my fake stuff. I will use power bait, I believe garlic scent attract trout the best. Also when I was a kid fishing for carp, I made cornmeal with vanilla extract. Never had a bad night!! I met a guy on the creek last year, he made a paste dog food kibble & some type of salmon cat food, not sure if anything else was added. He was killing em, as I got one here a one there. So does scent work???
I have a few lures that work, But not everyday. I'm sure you all know it's how the bait is presented, and I think do I have the right color.
So anyway I went to Pickering & Valley creeks trout fishing (Chester County) with my best bud. I caught 22, my friend 25. All were nice fish, the picture is of my 1st fish of the day about 20". He and I go every year when they do the early delayed harvest stocking, seems the fish a always real nice fish.
Just remembered some people use to think WD-40, deep sea.
Just fish find a lure that works and you’ll never have to add scent or do anything else to it.

Attachments

• 20220223_112318.jpg
    20220223_112318.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

HenryDavid

I do think scents work. Do I think it works on my trout magnets (Gulp juice), I honestly don't know. But I do know no sense throwing a half bottle of juice away. So instead of putting a used bait in my plano, into the jar it goes, and doesn't dry out. I keep ALL the trout I catch (200 -250) and I feed my dog Husky/Pit mix) the trout. So if I have a day and nothing is taking my fake stuff. I will use power bait, I believe garlic scent attract trout the best. Also when I was a kid fishing for carp, I made cornmeal with vanilla extract. Never had a bad night!! I met a guy on the creek last year, he made a paste dog food kibble & some type of salmon cat food, not sure if anything else was added. He was killing em, as I got one here a one there. So does scent work???
I have a few lures that work, But not everyday. I'm sure you all know it's how the bait is presented, and I think do I have the right color.
So anyway I went to Pickering & Valley creeks trout fishing (Chester County) with my best bud. I caught 22, my friend 25. All were nice fish, the picture is of my 1st fish of the day about 20". He and I go every year when they do the early delayed harvest stocking, seems the fish a always real nice fish.
Just remembered some people use to think WD-40, deep sea.
I was thinking about trying the Susquehanna River for Carp this spring. How do you keep the bait on the hook?

Don M

This is how I recall making the bait, it's been 40 years since I made it. Mix 2 cups of cornmeal & 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. 1 can cream style corn blended, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vanilla , Boil corn, sugar, & vanilla. Add in cornmeal & cornstarch. Let it cool till able to handle. While it's cooling I took cotton balls and pulled them apart for texture, With my hands I mixed it all together, make balls the size you like. Today I would put the balls Tupperware with wax paper between layers.

Solitario Lupo

I just use bread for carp but I’ve made my dougball. Cornmeal and flour with canned corn in it. Just put in a towel boil it. Then use like powerbait.

I’ve also was taught how to use dried up corn like deer corn. You can grind it and add to a mixture or just use whole and put on a hook. Needs to be boiled so it turns softer.

Don

This is how I recall making the bait, it's been 40 years since I made it. Mix 2 cups of cornmeal & 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. 1 can cream style corn blended, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vanilla , Boil corn, sugar, & vanilla. Add in cornmeal & cornstarch. Let it cool till able to handle. While it's cooling I took cotton balls and pulled them apart for texture, With my hands I mixed it all together, make balls the size you like. Today I would put the balls Tupperware with wax paper between layers.
Do they stay on well?