Reel handle

Solitario Lupo

Got 2 reels that are the same. Both handles are a plastic sort and are coming off. Looks like it's roting out. Will have to get some pics later.
What would you do to fix. Was thinking of dipping into flex seal.

HenryDavid

I have the exact same problem. Sort of hard rubber or plastic just split leaving the bare metal stem exposed. I'm tempted to duct tape it.

Melvinp

By chance do guy’s use a lot of hand cream or sanitizer? I’ve never had that problem or could it be sun light and I’m 15 years deep on some of my reels

Solitario Lupo

No they are same company reel and the two handles are doing the same. Used them then they sat around for a little started using them and the plastic was soft. It's like it started to melt.

Don

What reels are they. When I get home in a few weeks I'll look through my stash and see if I have them. Did you try to source them on alantani.com?

Solitario Lupo

What reels are they. When I get home in a few weeks I'll look through my stash and see if I have them. Did you try to source them on alantani.com?
Just was thinking of a quick fix. Without spending money. Not my high end reels and just a carp catfish reel so. It is what it is.

Don

This is the Fin-Nor I have. It’s a 206. It’s for catching giant Whales. Will this handle fit. It’s a nice reel, made in KO Rea! Needs a cleaning.IMG_8078.jpegIMG_8079.jpegIMG_8080.jpeg

Don

I don't think I'll ever use such a monster so if you want it let me know. Needs to be cleaned, greased and oiled. otherwise its is in good shape.

Don

I only fish spincast anymore. occasionally fly. if you need it to want it its yours . this is a reel for very large fish. saltwater I'd say. think king salmon, musky, king mackerel, amberjack, tarpon, big big fish. I'll never use it. oh well.