Show off your Fishmas Loot!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Or any other gift you just want to show off.

My favorite Fishmas gift is the carafe and mug below. I love my coffee on the boat while fishing, all day and I especially enjoy a hot coffee at the end of the day. With this carafe, this is more than I could ever drink in a trip and there is plenty to share, plus I can bring it onto my buddies boat too. Love the logo and text on the mug too.

2A500B13-F88C-4414-909D-D6879C18F346.jpeg

A-5

So. Just thinking

We used to grill on the river. I bought a nice thermal thermos for chili. Stayed warm and a great lunch. I’m trying not to buy whoppers.

truecrimson

Actually opened these Wednesday night, since this was my holiday to work at job #1, and I had to drop the wife off in Philthy Thursday, and make 2 stops for job #2.

Apparently the Bait Up is back in production in 20 oz and 35 oz. It was a surprise. My wife knew how hard I had tried to find one after fishing with Grem, only to learn they were no longer being made. She is a shopping ninja and managed to ferret one place that had the new ones.

I knew about the reel, and there is the Shimano Teramar rod to go with it, but I haven't found a clean enough place in the apartment to take a pic of a 7' 1 piece rod.
20211225_043215.jpg20211225_042841.jpg

Don

Bought thermos brand thermos's for wife. One for Coffee and one for soup.

TC nice sacrificial reel. When you sacrifice that to the river gods let me know where, lol.

truecrimson

IF I sacrifice that to the river gods I will tell you in person when I arrive at your place........because I sure as hell won't be going home 😱

Don

That is funny......and I understand the deeper meaning, lol. Nice reel. I'm on my way down to the river to practice casting as we speak.

truecrimson

On my third 12 hour shift in a row right now. Maybe I'll get to try it out Tuesday..............

Have fun. Catch fish. Post pictures.

Nappy

Come on Don March is a long time. Hard water season is right around the corner(I hope). It's all about staying warm. This year the fish are in trouble. The wife got me a game changer. My old Otter was 20 years old and at night it looked like it was shot like 10 times with a shot gun.when the lights were on inside.

Attachments

• 20211225_235159_HDR.jpg
    20211225_235159_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20211226_024354_HDR.jpg
    20211226_024354_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20211226_153311_HDR.jpg
    20211226_153311_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Don M

Actually opened these Wednesday night, since this was my holiday to work at job #1, and I had to drop the wife off in Philthy Thursday, and make 2 stops for job #2.

Apparently the Bait Up is back in production in 20 oz and 35 oz. It was a surprise. My wife knew how hard I had tried to find one after fishing with Grem, only to learn they were no longer being made. She is a shopping ninja and managed to ferret one place that had the new ones.

I knew about the reel, and there is the Shimano Teramar rod to go with it, but I haven't found a clean enough place in the apartment to take a pic of a 7' 1 piece rod.
View attachment 2281View attachment 2282
Where in Philly truecrimson

HenryDavid

Come on Don March is a long time. Hard water season is right around the corner(I hope). It's all about staying warm. This year the fish are in trouble. The wife got me a game changer. My old Otter was 20 years old and at night it looked like it was shot like 10 times with a shot gun.when the lights were on inside.
Very Nice. How heavy is that? A friend of mine had a 2-person Otter similar to that and it required 2 people to move it.

truecrimson

That is funny......and I understand the deeper meaning, lol. Nice reel. I'm on my way down to the river to practice casting as we speak.

I won't be fishing til March.
I know all of those words were in English, but I do not understand them in that order. You were going down to the river, with your fishing gear, AND you were going to be casting. But you weren't fishing? That hurts my head.

Where in Philly truecrimson
Wife was born and raised in Port Richmond, Castor and Aramingo area. I had to stop first for job #2 in Doylsetown (not Philly, I know) before dropping her off and the another on Stenton Ave in Philly on my way out of town.

Reactions: Don

Nappy

Very Nice. How heavy is that? A friend of mine had a 2-person Otter similar to that and it required 2 people to move it.
95 lbs empty. My old Otter was 80lbs
On ice not a big deal but in snow not so fun. Warm priceless lol Worth the drag be sides I go for the long haul and stay all day. With thermal insulation I can leave the bigbuddy home and just bring my micro stove for Java
That alone saves on a lot of wieght

Don

I hear ya Nappy but my wife wouldn't spend 2cents to kick me out. I think there is still hope for your situation. Does that thing actually have a heater? and light?

Don

I know all of those words were in English, but I do not understand them in that order. You were going down to the river, with your fishing gear, AND you were going to be casting. But you weren't fishing? That hurts my head.

Wife was born and raised in Port Richmond, Castor and Aramingo area. I had to stop first for job #2 in Doylsetown (not Philly, I know) before dropping her off and the another on Stenton Ave in Philly on my way out of town.
I grew up on a farm in Dublin, halfway btwn Doylestown and Perkasie (think A-5er). I miss Doylestown. My mom grew up in Bristol and a few other shorter stays. Her Dad worked for the Pictcarins for a while. Our Farm is owned by my brother now. We were there since 1860 in one form or another. My mom was a geriatric nurse and her last client was Ester Darrow.....the lady that invented Monopoly. I miss the Bucks County of my childhood....it was quaint.

Don

Nappy are all three of you Tunkers? Isn't that where there was a famous overlook? Wyalusing Rocks? Dad took us there. And the famous bridge?
The Holstein Breeders Association was located in Towanda. We visited a few times as our herd was all registered Holsteins. Gone now...fell through the Ice of time and was swallowed up by progress.

Attachments

• 4380832de236295075bb93a574317c1c.jpg
    4380832de236295075bb93a574317c1c.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2
  • a62c7cee8576a5dce81ab0ff647cf5a4.jpg
    a62c7cee8576a5dce81ab0ff647cf5a4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2

HenryDavid

95 lbs empty. My old Otter was 80lbs
On ice not a big deal but in snow not so fun. Warm priceless lol Worth the drag be sides I go for the long haul and stay all day. With thermal insulation I can leave the bigbuddy home and just bring my micro stove for Java
That alone saves on a lot of wieght
That's fishing in comfort. I have 2 flip-overs, a Clam & a Shappel, both singles, but last season I mostly used a small sled, traveled ultra-lite, just a hand auger, folding camp chair, rod case and bag with flasher and extra clothing. Pulling any sizable sled in snow and slush just sucks. At night I used the flip-over with lantern for heat. This year I'm thinking of trying a small alcohol stove for heat, forget the propane. That is if we get any safe ice.

Melvinp

Nappy are all three of you Tunkers? Isn't that where there was a famous overlook? Wyalusing Rocks? Dad took us there. And the famous bridge?
The Holstein Breeders Association was located in Towanda. We visited a few times as our herd was all registered Holsteins. Gone now...fell through the Ice of time and was swallowed up by progress.
Not sure on the rock but the bridge for sure nice hole right underneath it if there’s no kids throwing rocks off of it been there did that little ba&$”?’

Reactions: Don