Skills to share!

Don

I had a life long friend stop by tonight with fishing reels that were frozen. It's something I know about. He bought them on my recommendation 40 or more years ago and soon after never used it since. It was nice to care for them and show him step-by-step how to loosen up, clean, lubricate and re-assemble these old wonders. He then suggested that we fish together and I hope we do. You see he has been there for me in so many ways over the years and this was one way to thank him. the reels are like new and they are a Zebco 33 and a Mitchel Garcia 324. They are both sort of "Rite-Of-Passage Reels"
from the mid-late 70's.

(facsimile from Internet)
il_680x540.2973955674_gxfm.jpg

Don

You have to be a friend, lol. I also buy breakfasts for friends but only at Roy-Ann and Coop.

Reactions: A-5

Don

Bragg it up but be there for them. I only hav three. They’re in their forties. Time flies. Grab it all. Yesterday I had a lunchtime appointment in Richmond. Down and back in one day. I’m beat.

Don

Its improving dramatically. But I was there to see the Richmond Temple and it was Awesome. They agreed to place their orders for Tulips and Daffs with me but I have to design the combinations and color schemes. I don't like to do this as design work is very subjective. it was worth the trip for the order but I won't do that in one day ever again....wore me out...The photos of flower beds will al be tulips next April. They do things on a grand scale there.

Attachments

• IMG_7166.jpeg
    IMG_7166.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7189.jpeg
    IMG_7189.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Gremcat

Its improving dramatically. But I was there to see the Richmond Temple and it was Awesome. They agreed to place their orders for Tulips and Daffs with me but I have to design the combinations and color schemes. I don't like to do this as design work is very subjective. it was worth the trip for the order but I won't do that in one day ever again....wore me out...The photos of flower beds will al be tulips next April. They do things on a grand scale there.
That wide open front is screaming clean rows of Amiable and Duke of Berlin. I know they have fancier sounding names but I’m a simple guy mostly. I’m guessing they want something like that where it’s coordinated and a balanced pattern.

I’d love to see it a sea of colors but that’s more the open soft countryside look.

Go full on Parrots or some other unique dark tulips!

Albany always had the tulip festival. I met my wife in that park years later. They sell all the bulbs after I believe. I like the free form landscape patterns but given our place and location I have to mix it in with more traditional boutique gardens and after the dogs killed off my dozens of varieties of Heucherellas and Mother Nature my bee/bird garden this year I’m thinking fruit and nuts for deer/wildlife.

I gave up on tulips here after year 2. Was so happy to finally have them after a decade in purgatory (Raleigh). The squirrels wiped them out and deer or something finished the job. Now it’s boring day Lilly and daffodils.

Don

Plant tulips at 8” deep. Squirrel only dig 5-6” deep.
Use lots or Alliums and Hyacinths. Try Eucomis( pineapple lily).
Use Fritillaria crown imperial.
Go onto our site and sellect mid and later blooming dafs that are a good bit more exciting such as Tahiti, misty glen, pink charm and cheerfulness.
Plant Frits on their side 8” deep on 10”ctr.
Plant dafs and hyacinth 6-8” deep, 3/sq’.
Amaze you!