Spoons and the likes

Don

Below is my collection. I purchased the Brown Trout Kastmaster. The others came fore free with reels from EBay purchases. Only one that I’ve caught fish with is the one I purchased. How many of you fish with spoons and when and how. My guess is that spoons don’t work at all but are easy for the manufacturers to sell. I’m determined to use them to n my rotation until I figure them out and would love to hear your recommendations. 50205617-826E-4248-822D-65660B086CE6.jpegB647B19E-E178-4B65-AF31-60F0263649A5.jpeg

Solitario Lupo

The only spoons I had luck was with a small gold or silver kastmaster. Fishing for trout. Tried them again and never caught anything.

MuskieGal

I have the side winder like you have and love it. We also use the Little Cleos and kastmasters. We seem to do fairly well with them.

HenryDavid

Only ice fishing, the PK Spoons were the rage a few years ago, there still around but don't see them as much. Crappies loved them tipped with a fathead minnow.

MB3

I've caught everything from panfish to largemouth on spoons. I prefer smaller gold or silver spoons. Thomas lures, rough riders, Lil cleos are all in the box.

Reactions: Don

Don

I have the side winder like you have and love it. We also use the Little Cleos and kastmasters. We seem to do fairly well with them.
What colors would you recommend if you were recomending colors? and what weight. 1/12th, 1/8th, 1/4, 1/3???

Don

How would you make a spoon weedless?

Do you always use a swivel or a snap?

Don

Well I like that goldfish.

This morning I was a Troutspinner’s Living room AKA Cabelas. Picked up a blue/silver Cleo, Swedish pimple and a couple kastmaster colors, rainbow trout, blue/silver and fire tiger. Amazing low cost. Probably plain gold will work best…time will tell. 1/8 oz. For the KM and 3/8 for the Little Cleo’s.
Performance report coming.

MB3

Don

I like fishing. I even survive multiple skunks to learn new stuff.
I guess I like Thomas lures lol
What color Little Cleos do you prefer. I like the looks of the Hammered ones.

I'll make room for Thomas's lures but first things first!

Now, while you're talkative, Please tell me you caught fish other than stockies! I faltered in my normally good discipline by fishing for stockies on Saturday but I'll normally be after Hybrids, Pickerel and Panfish.

Reactions: MB3

HenryDavid

This is one is called the "PK Panic" I have one in a larger size. I've caught pickerel and bass with it. Drop it down into the weeds and bottom bounce it, stir things up. I've watched pickerel dart in and slam it. I usually tip it with a minnow head.
pk panic.jpg

MB3

I like fishing. I even survive multiple skunks to learn new stuff.

What color Little Cleos do you prefer. I like the looks of the Hammered ones.

I'll make room for Thomas's lures but first things first!

Now, while you're talkative, Please tell me you caught fish other than stockies! I faltered in my normally good discipline by fishing for stockies on Saturday but I'll normally be after Hybrids, Pickerel and Panfish.
I've caught everything on them. Bass, trout. Panfish and Pickerel. They key is to slow your retrieve WAY down. It makes them wobble more and getting bit goes way up.