Swim bait, lightweight

Don

I tend to fish to the bank from 25-40’ out. Especially May June July. I like it. Suits my abilities.
In this practice I tend to do a lot of skipping toward and hopefully under over hanging cover. Mostly I use Kieteck Shiner or smaller Kieteck Impact. The clearer the water the better Shiners work and it would seen vs versa.
I never felt perfectly good with the 3” and 4” felt too large. Last year Keiteck started selling 3.5” and they feel prefect.

For these shiners I often use #6 bait hooks through the front. As the weeds get bigger I move into # 4 or 1/0 wide gap hooks.
ES.400.jpg

HenryDavid

I tend to fish to the bank from 25-40’ out. Especially May June July. I like it. Suits my abilities.
In this practice I tend to do a lot of skipping toward and hopefully under over hanging cover. Mostly I use Kieteck Shiner or smaller Kieteck Impact. The clearer the water the better Shiners work and it would seen vs versa.
I never felt perfectly good with the 3” and 4” felt too large. Last year Keiteck started selling 3.5” and they feel prefect.

For these shiners I often use #6 bait hooks through the front. As the weeds get bigger I move into # 4 or 1/0 wide gap hooks.
ES.400.jpg
Do you catch a lot of crappies?

Reactions: Don

Don

Do you catch a lot of crappies?
Is that what this is about? You think I catch things, Aaaaaah ha. Its not about catching...more about Your Posture, your society companion dog and the weather... do I catch a lot of crappies, he askes.....

At Gouldsboro, where I fish 90% of the time, I catch a lot, some at Spruce Run. Also a lot at The Giving Pond. I like Skipping in shallow shoreline and on the bottom through heavy weed cover. Why do you ask?

HenryDavid

Is that what this is about? You think I catch things, Aaaaaah ha. Its not about catching...more about Your Posture, your society companion dog and the weather... do I catch a lot of crappies, he askes.....

At Gouldsboro, where I fish 90% of the time, I catch a lot, some at Spruce Run. Also a lot at The Giving Pond. I like Skipping in shallow shoreline and on the bottom through heavy weed cover. Why do you ask?
"Why do you ask?" Take me :)

Don

Would love too. Mid to late March. Pick the day. I’m hoping a couple of you come. Pick an alternate day as well. In high winds(above 13-15 ) I stay off or I fish back in the stumps which is also fun but more protected.

HenryDavid

Would love too. Mid to late March. Pick the day. I’m hoping a couple of you come. Pick an alternate day as well. In high winds(above 13-15 ) I stay off or I fish back in the stumps which is also fun but more protected.
I'll be on trout streams then. How about mid-April when the water warms and the panfish are in the shallows, you can catch them on fly rod poppers

Don

Sure wish the Tunk Gang would get with it but its 1/2 hour for them.....way too far.

Don

Well thank you TC! Yessiree, the frying pan is the true test. If they don't make it there then there is no proof they were caught. But I understand...no one wants to eat polluted NY Salmon and Steelhead or Mercury laced Susky Smallies. I guess you'll have to come so you can eat. PABassman will have to come to polish up on his Small and Shallow game. Gosh, if ye all came we could walk from boat to boat and not get our feet wet.

Don

HaHa. I pay too much each year to not have dinner. I can agree to be judicious but if it is what I’m after I gotta eat it.

MB3

Let us know when you go. The weeds chase me off Gouldsboro and Tobyhanna directly to Shohola and Prompton. Shohola is starting to weed back up but nothing like the other 2 though. I plan on hitting the water with rage this year.

Don

I'm gearing up and would like a late May - June visit to Shahola. Gouldsboro is nice through mid May. Shahola has a lot of the Gouldsboro charm but in a bigger scale. Love the far shoreline. For the early season I am working hard to scale all baits, line and rod/reel combos to what is easy for me.