• Orange

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other -explain you difficult person.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Difficult! Lol

The Clear one with red and blue stripes. I yell / sing America, F$(K Yeah! Every time I catch a crappie on one. True Story 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: A-5

WADMAN

Gold. And never actually caught a trout on them. Bass and panfish. Even a few walleye up Pymatuning

Solitario Lupo

I’ve done good with white for steelhead. Red worked great for crappie. Nothing really to much other colors in the box. Did good with the gold little jig they come with.

Blackcat Outdoors

Black/green seems to work well for panfish and smallies around here. Same for gold, but I've caught trout on those two. White seems to be the favorite for trout.

Try the craw version for smallies, they work awesome. I've pissed off quite a few fishing buddies when they were the only thing getting hits. 😉

Don M

Well since I basically fish stocked trout I use trout magnets 90% of the time. My fav is yellow followed by white, black & green, chartreuse, pink, slayers (fake crawfish), large hellgramite. Also caught on red, but always forget to order them. I order 50 pack bodies and 25 pack jig heads.
Oh I just about never use the float. I fish them very very slow and just a 1" twitch of the rod tip. I see people fish them as a lure, and say never caught anything on them. I also use black w/ yellow spot Panther Martin, and CP swing.

Attachments

• 20200408_124003.jpg
    20200408_124003.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Don

Always did well as a kid with small Mepps, CP's, Rooster tails andPanther Martin. didn't understand much about the process except chuck and retrieve and spinners seem to like that. What else is there to know? I was recently gifted a handful by a member and am always happy to learn better skills.
I like to use spinners in two arena: 1) bright sunny days along the banks of creeks and 2) in riffles mid-winter for trout on bright days.
Perhaps you can all expand on techniques...

Don

Notice I just stole Brother A-5's thread? Not really sorry but I'm sorry!

A-5

Oh steeling a thread for me is welcomed. I do it all the time. I’ve been on fishing forums for a while. My theory is the theory of. Any publicity is good. Mind you. I’m not in on bad talk and arguing or crappy talk on here. But if you guys take a thread on your own merit and it’s healthy hijack away. On another note

You talked spinners hijacking’s a different tackle talk thanks Don!

Don

I would never trash talk, I do Crappy talk. I’d like to learn more about spinners, when where and how. Perhaps you could go there next week. I like these sessions.
So Don309 mentioned buying the TMagnets and components in bulk. As a kid I was sort of expected to not loose lures. It was understood that they were to last and last. So I mostly avoided them. Now as a Stimulus receiving adult I can actually afford trout magnets and beetle spins. They offer similar baits and they all seem to work. Magnets more for bass and Bspins more for WW species.
What I’d like to know is how many of you squirt them with attractant and or tip them with worm or minnow chunks?
I usually tip beetlespins w/worm bits.

Don M

Don Trout magnets come in what they call Crappy magnet. Only difference is their 2 color or spotted. I never looked at them before, but next order I think I'll try some. I have a friend that fishes crappy (lake) and he says he does well.

Don

Yes do that Don, I've been using numerous plastics, twirly tails and so forth, on both of these jigs with nice results. Be interesin t see what comes of your little experiment...

A-5

A-5