• Orange

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other -explain you difficult person.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

A-5

A-5

Don

So here is a question. I never thought it was the jighead so mush as the bait that gets the bit going. In other words any standard jig 1/32 or 1/16 would be fine with the Trout magnet baits. What is the consensus here?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So here is a question. I never thought it was the jighead so mush as the bait that gets the bit going. In other words any standard jig 1/32 or 1/16 would be fine with the Trout magnet baits. What is the consensus here?

The size / weight dictates the rate of fall and makes a difference in my experience.

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

I've never been a fan of them. Last night while trying to fool the crappies I tried everything from wax worms, meal worms, minnows, minnow parts, plastics, small spoons. One thing would work and fool one or two then they would turn off to it, typical crappies, every time something new came down they showed interest but nothing proved to be the ticket. I had a pack of trout magnets in my gear so I tied one on and they ignored it. I found a pack of very small twister tail style grubs in orange and slid one onto the magnet jig, just by checking the action at the top of the ice hole I was amazed. I managed to fool quite a few on that combo, it looked really good, might have to come up with a name for it.

The jig head on them reminds me of a shad dart style.

Gremcat

Don, you can’t call minnows Trout. Regardless of gas expended and hours wasted, they’s just minners! Starting to think I might do even better if I try baby trout for bait but breaking double digits lbs. and repeating a dozen times in Nov alone makes me think I think too much!!

If not for brother A-5 I’d not be half the trout scarer I am so gotta come to his rescue.

Fair challenge, last 3 days of April, size or count, I’m close to best I’ll be.

From here it’s 10” brim and 3/4lbs bass under a bobber as my star fades quick.

Think A-5 will approve of his champion. Only rule is has to be PA waters public or private, stocked, wild, super trout, I’m game. Can pick from my rack if you win exception being my original St Croix Imperial 5wt. She’ll be my weapon of destruction on this one and buried with me. Kids can fight over my custom rifles, she goes where I go. No limit on hours either. I prefer slot limit count 18”-24” but however it seems fairest. My dock and other waters all count, fyi.

Reactions: A-5

Don

You will have to challenge the man Himself. Don't use me to get at him you ole Minnow Murderer. If I took the challenge we'd have to count skunks and shiners as well for it seems that is what I catch the most of.
It will be fun to watch.

Gremcat

Haha, my streak since Jan.1 is 0 in a row. In my defense I’ve fished 0 days. A-5 might be better served as his own Champion. My year is looking pretty crazy at the moment.

Gremcat

A-5 is going to have a banner steelhead year so not challenging him. They count as rainbow and if I say otherwise I have to disqualify my new creek that’s full of steelhead/cuttthroat hybrids. Suspect I’ll have a few good days on that one this year.