This weeks Gear talk. Flurocarbon

Gremcat

I’ve read with CoPoly to try soaking in warm water before spooling. I’ve not tried that but the complete behavior flip was so dramatic it left a bad taste. I’ll tie a piece of string to a cane pole to keep fishing. I’ve very recently bent wire hooks back and landed other giants on them. I’m a Do What It Takes type. When I have to hold spool tight with pinky while casting and between every guide I still have line twirling for feet not just a little on $30 line it’s a problem. I’ve no problem paying premiums but have 0 tolerance for poor performance with premium price tags. Sadly. I hear other PLine is great but will likely avoid it at all costs. Put your name on a box, up charge it to 3x it’s comparables, it better be every inch what you’re promising or at least comparable. I likely wouldn’t notice if it was even slightly inferior honestly. Too many variables at any given time. When it’s so drastic it cuts my trip short I want to drive to the company and give a marketing director something they wouldn’t expect.

Then again, a one time savant/founder turned COO always told me there’s a litmus test for VPs of Sales or Marketing. Ask them if they’ve ever been punched in the mouth. Their answer is your answer lol. I do not subscribe to that.

It’s a sad state when a company like Danner has a slight defect in their boot resole, one showed a tiny Delam at the toe. Offers to let me use them for as long as I like and resole at my convenience. Then fully resoled both boots while profusely apologizing and providing almost daily updates. Yet still sells low cost imports, etc. It’s sad that they are the high bar for quality and service. When most Orgs have 300x-800x the budget for marketing that they do R+D and even less for End to End Quality it’s a sad day. Burn ins on electronics are almost unheard of in less than a decade. Buying a PC that is advertised as slightly long lead time to burn in post build and it’s a detractor to most is nuts. Infant mortality in a circuit board from Shenzhen that was driven between sites in a barrel on a bicycle in whatever weather is fairly high. Waiting a day for testing isn’t so awful.

Soapbox rant over, it’s just fishing line right?

Gremcat

clif notes, poor quality matters naught if the attention span moves on before a product fails. My generation, I’m a millennial by a few months, is shot,,,,,

A-5

I dont use a lot of fluoro. 10 pound on a couple baitcasters for a jig or a squarebill. And they aren't primary baits. Funny thing is I like Red Label 6# for my finesse baits like hair jigs, small spiders, neds ect. I find it softer than others and strong. Fluoro from 8# up sux on a spinning rod. I agree the thin line for smaller baits, natural look
If your using it as main line I get it. But blue label is way better than red label. We reel in steelhead with 6lb fluro. Red label fails us.

Gremcat

If your using it as main line I get it. But blue label is way better than red label. We reel in steelhead with 6lb fluro. Red label fails us.
True story, sometimes 4lbs then wonder why my one hookup breaks off muscling lol.