This weeks tackle talk. Fish finder brand

A-5

I use garmin. Cheaper side scan not fancy but fancy for me. I’m pretty sure the market of fish finders are. Wry close and prob when used correctly are pretty much the same.

Side note. I want a under water Aqua vu to take under water video.

Last edited:

Don

Why not one that plays music as well. This upcoming year will be the first year ever for Fishfinder. Can't wait. Know how deep the water is will be the biggest help. TS's Piranhamax4. Should be a great starting point.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I use garmen. Cheaper side scan not fancy but fancy for me. I’m pretty sure the market of fish finders are. Wry close and prob when used correctly are pretty much the same.

Side note. I want a under water Aqua vu to take under water video.
I’ve been watching a guy on YouTube who uses one of them for ice fishing. Talk about neat!

I know I’ve mentioned it, I’m a Garmin fan. I think you get a lot for the price, especially if you take advantage of their yearly Black Friday sales.

truecrimson

In my adult life I have only used Lowrance. That's what all the guys I was talking to back then were using. I never learned how to really use it, though. I would like to.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
In my adult life I have only used Lowrance. That's what all the guys I was talking to back then were using. I never learned how to really use it, though. I would like to.

You’re in a very large segment of anglers. I hang out in groups and forums based on these finders and talk to other boaters at the lakes and for the most part, most are of the same thought. It takes a lot of time to learn them and to get to the point that you can credit the finder for actually catching that fish you just caught.

I became proficient with them on salt water, salt is easier as you’re focused mostly on fish, not structure. Learning structure kicked my butt until I installed Livescope. Livescope really helped me visualize what I was seeing on the graph vs the “real” world view on LS.

With that said, if any of you guys want to jump on board this year, say the word. I can show you what I see and why I see it and explain it with a Livescope view that will make sense.

pabassman

I have Lowrance 8" and Hummingbird 10". The bird is my side scan unit.oIf I upgrade I'll get two birds with MEGA imaging. I've seen those on the water and the image is really great, super clarity. I run a Lowrance 7" for ice fishing.

Bootfoot

I currently have an old Lowrance with a few pixels burnt out. I’m looking to replace it with a Garmin. I find Garmin to be head and shoulders above and beyond all others in the user friendly department. Not really in a hurry to buy one though since I really don’t use mine. I know the river well and when your in a few feet of water its easier to just look in the water to see what you want to see.

Solitario Lupo

I’ve been watching a guy on YouTube who uses one of them for ice fishing. Talk about neat!

I know I’ve mentioned it, I’m a Garmin fan. I think you get a lot for the price, especially if you take advantage of their yearly Black Friday sales.
Gotta buddy who uses those cameras on the ice he says the fish are funny some come right up to the camera like bluegill and some like walleye shy away. They know the cameras there.

truecrimson

You’re in a very large segment of anglers. I hang out in groups and forums based on these finders and talk to other boaters at the lakes and for the most part, most are of the same thought. It takes a lot of time to learn them and to get to the point that you can credit the finder for actually catching that fish you just caught.

I became proficient with them on salt water, salt is easier as you’re focused mostly on fish, not structure. Learning structure kicked my butt until I installed Livescope. Livescope really helped me visualize what I was seeing on the graph vs the “real” world view on LS.

With that said, if any of you guys want to jump on board this year, say the word. I can show you what I see and why I see it and explain it with a Livescope view that will make sense.
I'm happy to tag along anytime we can put it together.

Don

It would be a great opportunity to learn. I was hoping to do more training on the ArK as well but haven't been promised and outing. I was out on Sandy Hook yesterday Wive my Valentine and pooch (two different beings) and it was gorgeous, almost flat. A Kayak went buy.

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 3