• Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

A-5

If I lowered myself to use it may The Lord strike me dead. Having said that I used to be that guy. I was younger and dumber. Then I Learned to actually have skill when fishing!

HenryDavid

If you're keeping fish it doesn't matter. Before powerbait it was worms and the trouts swallowed them too. I choose to release them all so I stay away from stuff they can easily swallow. I've lost too many big ones to go completely barbless on the hooks though.

WADMAN

For the sportsmans club tournaments I have taken kids to the GARLIC by far out fishes all other offerings. Don't recall color... think it is a blend orange/green. Wouldn't touch the stuff otherwise.

pabassman

I was in the same situation. When my boys were younger a jar of orange and a jar of yellow!! They had fun. I would take my rods and set them up, not fish, to block an area from the other sportsmen

Don

Yea Wadman. We all get a pass on the kids. I would do basically anything to keep the kids happyโ€ฆ

But once they turn 3 they have to use a pin.

Hahahahahaha
Correction. You meant older version model 33

Solitario Lupo

When I was younger yellow powerbait would be the only thing I ran around with. Why have to touch anything else when it worked great. 50+ fish in a day. Takes no skills to catch a pellet head off a truck.
Now to many trout swallow the hook so flies it is.

Solitario Lupo

Funny thing is for you who say powerbait doesn't work should be ashamed. I see kids out there using this stuff and they out fish me with it. Haha. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜‹

Reactions: Don

Don

But theyโ€™re catching pet fish. I donโ€™t like pet fish. They taste funny.

Solitario Lupo

I'm telling ya Don if you want them to taste better get the club stocked ones. There feed better. Even the meat is red compared to the white meat from fish comm.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

Captain America is my sonโ€™s favorite. My brother uses those brown pellet ones. Iโ€™ve about 10 colors, lol. PB doesnโ€™t bother me as much as those tiny wire trebles some use. My first year really fishing in PA I was sold on those and cutting line. I saw the outcome the next morning with a half dozen rainbows floating. Only trebs I use now are jumbos on moving bait.

Gremcat

I'm telling ya Don if you want them to taste better get the club stocked ones. There feed better. Even the meat is red compared to the white meat from fish comm.
Some of the clubs use custom feed and meat is nice color/flavor. State stocks donโ€™t seem to have that and some spots like the Lehigh the fish taste like the water smells. Not bad smell just river smell. Other crystal clear spring fed creeks are a bit better for fish flavor. Best fish are the wild ones we cook creek side. Even their skin is good after 12~16 hrs. Of mountain goating without eating I suspect a yellow sucker would taste good.

truecrimson

Funny thing is for you who say powerbait doesn't work should be ashamed. I see kids out there using this stuff and they out fish me with it. Haha. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜‹
Yeah it used to drive me crazy. Everyone from kids to old geezers around here would be catching fish on it. They'd show me what they were using and I'd go straight to Wal Mart or Bass Pro and buy it. Plus some extra varieties to try. Never could catch anything. After doing this again and again and talking to people about it for years I gave up.

Solitario Lupo

I guess the fish must not like you or your bait. Haha. ;) You know itโ€™s funny sometimes I can fish a hole with powerbait and someone like my bro can come in the same hole but other side and start catching fish off of PB. Sometimes you gotta put the food right in front of there face. Especially a picky fish.