This weeks tackle talk where do you buy your gear?

MB3

1) anywhere on line having a sale
2) DSG/Field and Stream (close)
3) Wacky Worm (semi local Mom and Pop)
4) Amazon
5) E-Bay
6) Cabela's (long drive)

I miss Gander Outdoors. When the Dickson City location went under we attacked the deals for weeks on end.

We also scoop up deals at garage sales.

I don't care for Walmart, Ollie's, Kmart, etc.

pabassman

Tackle Warehouse
Land Big Fish
Lure Parts Online
Cabelas for smaller items like terminal tackle. I have a card so my points get me stuff cheap lol

Reactions: A-5

Melvinp

Setting on the porch drinking a beer watching videos of guys trolling Rapala Deep Tail Dancers for smallmouth so dug around a little yeah 12 Dollars a piece for a 2 3/4 long crank bait not happening fishing is getting as bad as golf and archery

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I take special trips up to Cabelas when I need some new jigs or rage tails but that is about it anymore. Everything else is done online, typically going for the place with the best price to my door.

If I find myself at Dick's or Walmart, I do browse the meager fishing section but rarely do I buy anything as they typically lack anything I would actually buy. I do visit the one tackle store near Blue Marsh a few times a year and I always buy something just to show some support for the locals. The guy who runs the counter is super nice and helpful.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

Setting on the porch drinking a beer watching videos of guys trolling Rapala Deep Tail Dancers for smallmouth so dug around a little yeah 12 Dollars a piece for a 2 3/4 long crank bait not happening fishing is getting as bad as golf and archery
Get any other lure that looks similar and is cheaper and if it isn't deep diving then put it on a rig with a weight hanging down below it, like the 3 way swivel rigs recently discussed.

truecrimson

I take special trips up to Cabelas when I need some new jigs or rage tails but that is about it anymore. Everything else is done online, typically going for the place with the best price to my door.

If I find myself at Dick's or Walmart, I do browse the meager fishing section but rarely do I buy anything as they typically lack anything I would actually buy. I do visit the one tackle store near Blue Marsh a few times a year and I always buy something just to show some support for the locals. The guy who runs the counter is super nice and helpful.
I buy all my live bait at Coble's in Lebanon, but everything else there cost 3 times as much as the next highest place.

truecrimson

Yeah, inflation. The honey I used to buy for $7 in 2019 is now $11. And yet there are tons of container ships sitting off the California coast not allowed to dock and Canada is firing 40,000 thousand unvaxxed truckers who made 2 runs a week into the US with a full load each way.

Don

Go ahead brag about it. I liked these as a kid and this appears to be the original color I had as well.