Tournament fishing

Solitario Lupo

The new fad is out remember to bring your lead weights to throw in the fishes belly for extra weight.
Been hearing a lot of people are getting caught doing this. Big walleye tournament up in Erie and a couple bass tournaments. Always gotta watch for cheaters now. 🤬

Melvinp

Not a tournament guy. But it doesn't really matter what the topic is, if you have to cheat at whatever it is you are doing maybe it's time to take a step back and look at why you are doing it. If you are putting weights in your catch you are not enjoying the fishing
People like that don’t care about anything but winning

pabassman

I've fished a lot of tournaments in my time. Mostly bass but we do get to a few striper/walleye tourneys. I fished with long time friends for many years. I've made a lot of friends thru tournament fishing. From 2011 thru 2020 one of my sons was my partner, a couple seasons I fished two trails, so I could fish with both of them. Those are times I will cherish forever. My younger son was 13 when we started doing tourneys and he still loves to fish them when he can. Local tourneys are more for having fun and bragging rights. We have enjoyed a good amount of success in them but the time with my sons and friends is what is important. No matter what the prize its a sad situation when someone cheats.

Don

PA that is an angle I had not realized. I had only ever seen the other side…a bunch of braggart’s with lots of ample income. Thanks for bringing up the close family angle. Very nice.
So maybe you are the one to ask….if we can’t use lead weights could we us big ball bearings?

pabassman

PA that is an angle I had not realized. I had only ever seen the other side…a bunch of braggart’s with lots of ample income. Thanks for bringing up the close family angle. Very nice.
So maybe you are the one to ask….if we can’t use lead weights could we us big ball bearings?
I imagine those would work too

Bigbass101

Yep. They had been disqualified before, and eyes were on them for sure. I just bass fish, but my walleye buddies were all too aware of it. My phone was blowing up the day of with they finally caught them.

truecrimson

You think your wife will let you have your big ball bearings back for a while? ;)

My might let me have my big ball bearings back for a little while if I asked really nice ;)