Tubes

Don

Does anyone like tubes and if so I'd like to know what your favorite way to weight them. Jig heads. Texas rig. Drop shot style rigs?
On the recommendation of a laker fisherman/clerk I bought these at Cabelas and forgot to address some method of drowning them. The guy said he was a biologist for NJ and that the white tube is still the best presentation for lakers in Merrill and Round Valley. I would think PABassman would use these in summer for Wallen Paulpack monsters. He went on to say they are especially useful in deep water in summertime. Please advise!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
As A5 said. There are specific jigs designed for tubes but that is not to say you have to run them that way. I run small tubes on EWG Ned jig heads as well as I have used them on a Texas rig / EWG hook.

You could just hook them through the top with a J hook and then bring the hook out the side. It won’t be weedless but you may not need weedless.

Don

TS you still don’t understand me. It always has to be weedless. I’m helpless.

pabassman

I dont use tubes a lot. Too slow for me. Never at night. The tubes I do use will be smaller like TS said. 2.75 - 3.5" with 1/8 to 3/16 heads. I would imagine 4.5 to 6" on 1/2 to an ounce tube head for lakers. I have a buddy in NY that will chase them on the ice at Champlain. Thats his best bait.

Don

Not sure what you mean by tube weight but see if this addresses it.

or is it the last item on this page?

Why not just use a weighted jighead? Or does that get pricey?

1640877743008.png
Oh I see. Jigs are hard to rig for weedless use.

Last edited:

Melvinp

I’ve had some luck with tubes but not a lot never really fished um that much but the wife caught a 4 pound large mouth off a dock using a micro pink and white so I know they work

Reactions: Don