• Cabelas

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Reddington

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

A-5

I use the compass 360. They fit the best out of all the other waders and aren’t crazy expensive.

Don M

I can't afford the modern waders. So I wear hip boots till May than shorts and sneakers.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I had to go other. I've always used Frogg Toggs Guide Pants. When I was fishing trout streams once or twice a week, almost all year, I would get close to 3 seasons out of them. At $70-$90 at the times, it was hard to deny their value.

MB3

I went with other. Over the Summer Walmart had crazy deals on Frogg Togg waders. I bought my first pair of stocking foots and they were decent but I'm probably going to invest in a better pair after Xmas.

Anyone have suggestions for insulated waders? Is it better to go with boot foot in the Winter?

A-5

2-3 seasons is about what I see on wader use. I have had some interaction with simms and other high priced waders and honestly don’t see a benefit. My next pair are gonna be zippered compass 360. Gonna be epic. As for as neoprene waders. My hole group who fishes ny none of us wear insulated on a regular basis. One guy bought the steelhead waders from frog togg. He likes them. I just bundle up and the feet are neoprene.

MB3

-8 is a good reason to find a fishing show on TV and call it good lol I bundled up last time under my waders but my feet froze.

What are you guys doing for catch and release? I haven't found a single glove that keeps you dry, warm and have any kind of dexterity. As soon as my hands get wet the suffering starts and so does the timer for when the outing ends.

Don M

As much as I like fishing, guess I'm a fair weather guy. Spring to fall, though I don't mind the rain. I wear bull frog, Frog Togg.

Solitario Lupo

Right now just use a gander mountain pair of neoprene don’t really use them much just for winter stuff last time I wore them they have a small leak in them so I might be in for new ones.
For summer I wet wade in the Columbia drain makers shoes.

Solitario Lupo

-8 is a good reason to find a fishing show on TV and call it good lol I bundled up last time under my waders but my feet froze.

What are you guys doing for catch and release? I haven't found a single glove that keeps you dry, warm and have any kind of dexterity. As soon as my hands get wet the suffering starts and so does the timer for when the outing ends.
Goretex gloves dry and warm. They are thick so a little hard to reel. But take them off when you hook up shove in a pocket real quick. Get the fish in grab fish with bare hands ya you’ll freeze a little release fish wipe off hands with towel then back into the gloves.

You really shouldn’t be grabbing any fish with a glove as it remove the slim and can kill the fish.

Gremcat

I just use nitrile, if it’s negative temps I’ve some milsurp rag wool fingerless I put over. I’ve found dry hands are really what I’m after more than layers of thick glove. I picked up some neoprene duck hunting gloves on a trip west last year but seem to recall they got damp inside, maybe sweat. Think I might try chopping finger tips off and somehow sealing of required

Gremcat

Not sure on waders, some neoprene cheap ones 4 seasons now. I did get into more prickers this year that tore them up good. Only a small leak I can patch but upgrading this winter to zippered. I’ll have to watch the prickers and branches when I get to laminated thin waders though.

A-5

I use the frogg Togg fingerless neoprene gloves. Honestly us steelhead guys are big sick in the head. We fish then cuss the cold. Then do it again. Honestly one of the coldest days I have encountered was rain. I got bit by the chill and I was done. I had to go for a walk. Walking warms you up.

HenryDavid

My Simms waders lasted 3-4 years until during an overnight trip on day two I realized my boots had blown out, it was too late to save the booties. They were gortex, breathable and as comfortable as pajama bottoms, never leaked til the gravel got all inside the boots. I've used Hodgeman, Frogg Toggs, Reddington, Caddis, Magreel. I will say the Cabelas neoprenes are pretty tough and fairly priced. I do plenty of bush wacking while fishing streams so the waders only last so long, it's an ongoing expense to get ready for trout in the spring then smallies in the summer & fall.

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

Cabelas neoprenes, but they were leaky last time I wore them. Had them for ages. But as soon as it is not too cold I would wet wade, shorts and a t shirt. Honestly haven't waded much since we got the yaks.

truecrimson

As much as I like fishing, guess I'm a fair weather guy. Spring to fall, though I don't mind the rain. I wear bull frog, Frog Togg.
I am thinking this is my reality now. My cold tolerance, and my patience with annoyance (like not being able to feel my fingers) have both tanked in the last couple of years. Now my hands get super dry when cold and have started cracking.

Don

Bread bags over my socks then stuffed into older sisters (9yrs older) boots.

Gremcat

I ‘waded’ boots deep in my newly rebuilt Danner Canadians. No leaks even when water got over the top. It wasn’t much and jeans soaked it up I guess.

Downside, I noticed toe separation on new outer sole. It happened before the rebuild too but was 4-5 years from new. I slapped shoe goo in for a season then ran them with the separation when that peeled. No issues but after $270 to rebuild they’ll be going back to get repaired. I’ve full confidence in Danner after prior experiences.