What, But it didn’t do anything!

Don

Are the pads you pitch held up with severe coontail? Most of the areas I fish when it falls off the pad it doesn’t fall but stays there on the coontail.

Don

Since my electric motor burnt up I looking at an old white boat I have had n my barn. Thinking of putting a seat on the front deck along with a simple motor. Battteries in back for ballance.

Melvinp

Lol my best baits this year jig tipped with worm,spinning worm rig lol tip with worm and minnow,senko style worm(bass) jig tipped with minnow lol I’m going backwards can’t help but say on heavily fished water live bait works now on the fly it’s some sort of bugger for sure.

pabassman

Using that logic Kieteck, spinners, Rapala, Ned Rig and live bait stays on the list. Plastic Worms are iffy, jigs are toast as are creature baits. Berkeley will get no more of my resources.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think because I move around so much from one type of water to another that I may be impeding my learning curve. And it Id just stay put and thoroughly learn a piece of water I may find use for some of the baits that haven't worked. It could also be that fish just don't like me....I'll fix their wagon.
All of the answers you seek are in your comments.

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I know for sure that I'll be buying lighter jigs. The amount of energy I spend to catch nothing on 3/4 oz jigs is just not worth it.
You can go lighter for other jig methods but if your intent is to drag the bottom to feel every rock and stick, stay with the 3/4. A friend fished a 1/2 ounce just this past year and could not feel the bottom all the while I was fine with 3/4. He then switched to 3/4 and said “there it is”.

A-5

I talked to TS about this he had a good day and he admitted he hadn’t really fished pads before like he had that day. After witnessing a local YouTuber also fish pads in a very odd way I knew it was time too change my dog water ways. I went deeper than I have ever fished. Most fish deep into the pads don’t get pressure. So I’m in the belief that I am fishing less pressured fish than most fish on my local lake that’s a highway of fisherman.