What did you Catch Today?

Melvinp

What don no upper woods report lol oh well I’ll dish it out.Well let me tell ya all about it.Started out pretty slow got 1 rainbow doing some trolling on a crank bait then it all went downhill and the bite fell off then Don started talking well after about an hour we finally found a really nice pod of sunnies that keep Don quiet for a bit lmelbo ended up with close to 20 very nice sized panfish and 2 trout so it turned out being a pretty good day I would say the only real problem was seeing around don trying to steer the boat lol great times with great people.

Don

What don no upper woods report lol oh well I’ll dish it out.Well let me tell ya all about it.Started out pretty slow got 1 rainbow doing some trolling on a crank bait then it all went downhill and the bite fell off then Don started talking well after about an hour we finally found a really nice pod of sunnies that keep Don quiet for a bit lmelbo ended up with close to 20 very nice sized panfish and 2 trout so it turned out being a pretty good day I would say the only real problem was seeing around don trying to steer the boat lol great times with great people.
I’m still talking.

Don

Tried a little today didn't catch nothing. Looks like it's time for the cool water fishing to start. Carps and cats going in the hiding spots.
I'm going after Northerns Sunday, locally here. Water is nearing 50 degrees going down. What depth and what type bottom should I be at?

Solitario Lupo

They will start to get a little sluggish themselves but still hit good. I don’t see them really hiding in the banks but floating a chub or live bait would be good. Start around 10’ mark, rocky bottom or places they still can hide in. Like trees. Most of the weeds are going but if you can still find some just float right outside the patch.

Don

Okay. Go
Thats not a Northern.
It’s a southern as it was caught deep down. It did have a mustache which had me thinking it was a western.

I heard of no one catching anything other than early morning crappie which turned off around 9 (10) am. I felt fortunate for what we caught(1fish). As we were seeing as we left was boats arriving for night fishing. Would that have been for Stripers?

Last edited:

pabassman

Okay. Go

It’s a southern as it was caught deep down. It did have a mustache which had me thinking it was a western.

I heard of no one catching anything other than early morning crappie which turned off around 9 (10) am. I felt fortunate for what we caught(1fish). As we were seeing as we left was boats arriving for night fishing. Would that have been for Stripers?
Idk? Sounds possible. If there is a decent walleye population that would be another option.