What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

My buddy that lives there was always ready for Striper, none when I was noodling off the boat, landlocked but some good ones on Kerr/Gaston I hear,

Gremcat

Channels in PA’d be fun, the NC parks stock them starting around 5-8 lbs. a decent fight at that size.

Gremcat

I know NY has some big ones. I’ve not heard of them being sizable in PA but I don’t target them anymore. I always preferred eating the big ones easily filleted. Same with trout actually. I’m convinced the saying the small fish taste better was started to keep people from keeping the big fish that actually tasted better.

Gremcat

I used to target fat pickerel in small lakes in NE NY. I thought I was the only one that liked catching them until I read about a pickerel hatchery here in PA. The big fat ones can be a handful. I might have old pics from the 90’s of a few I caught. We had an issue with a knucklehead throwing pike in he brought back from the ‘Dax so I thought some I’d lost boat side had been pike. The pickerel were really girthy too. I didn’t know small pickerel really existed. Almost never caught a skinny one in the target rich lake. That lake would get so much milfoil you could almost walk across. Man made system of 3 connected lakes and only the 3rd lake was deeper than 10’ anywhere.

MB3

Nothing great today but active. Crappie, Pickerel, Largemouth and my first ever bass on the fly. It was all of 5" lol This was my only Perch on the day.

Speaking of Pickerel, Shiela had a PB today on her light set up. It was fun to watch. She can post that picture, it was definitely eating well.

Attachments

• 4173.jpeg
    4173.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1

Don

I’m driving to Goldsboro as we speak. I’m hoping to put a couple bass in the freezer if not Pickrell

Don

Today I decided to go to Goldsboro because I don’t ever wanna feel like I did last week about rubber worms ever again. So I brought three rods and I’m going to do a combination of trolling and casting and I’m gonna learn to catch fish and do stupid Chi techs. I’ve caught a lot of medium size bass 13 to 16 inches on fly ride and I tried to put one on the real but it just isn’t necessary and it’s soon feels silly so I just strip them in now.