What the best lithium batt for the hard water

Nappy

Ok Guys and Gals let's hear it

Pros and cons about them. any and all info is truly appreciated. Tired of running out of power.
Thinking 18amp hour for the finder and around 32 for my shanty

pabassman

Ok Guys and Gals let's hear it

Pros and cons about them. any and all info is truly appreciated. Tired of running out of power.
Thinking 18amp hour for the finder and around 32 for my shanty
I picked up an Amped Outdoors 15ah. I ran a Hook 7 for about seven hours and the battery indicator didnt move. Put it on the charger and it came up full in fifteen minutes. I got it on sale battery and 3amp charger for $99

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I have experience with Dakota Lithium, Amped Outdoors and Ionic. All have performed well, up to expectations. If I had to give one a nod over the other, it would be the Ionic ONLY because it has Bluetooth Monitoring built in so you can see the charge state on your phone with an app if that is important to you.

Check out the manufacturer's website and see if your graph setup is on their list. It will give you a good idea about runtime vs the your draw needs. I ran a 10" Screen and Livescope on a 23ah for 8-10 hours.

One thing to keep in mind when shopping and comparing prices, if a battery has cold charging protection, it will probably cost a little more. With cold charging protection, the BMS in the battery will not allow charging under freezing temperatures. This is not to be confused with using/discharging the battery, they can go much lower in temperature for use but batteries that do not have protection can be damaged if you try to charge them below freezing temps. Not a deal breaker IMO, you just need to be aware of cold temps when trying to charge.

pabassman

I have experience with Dakota Lithium, Amped Outdoors and Ionic. All have performed well, up to expectations. If I had to give one a nod over the other, it would be the Ionic ONLY because it has Bluetooth Monitoring built in so you can see the charge state on your phone with an app if that is important to you.

Check out the manufacturer's website and see if your graph setup is on their list. It will give you a good idea about runtime vs the your draw needs. I ran a 10" Screen and Livescope on a 23ah for 8-10 hours.

One thing to keep in mind when shopping and comparing prices, if a battery has cold charging protection, it will probably cost a little more. With cold charging protection, the BMS in the battery will not allow charging under freezing temperatures. This is not to be confused with using/discharging the battery, they can go much lower in temperature for use but batteries that do not have protection can be damaged if you try to charge them below freezing temps. Not a deal breaker IMO, you just need to be aware of cold temps when trying to charge.
Ionics in my boat. They didnt have a bigger ice pack style battery with spade connectors. So far very happy with it. I run a Milwaukee Fuel for my auger. I bring them in and let them sit for two hours to warm up before I put them on the charger.

Nappy

I picked up an Amped Outdoors 15ah. I ran a Hook 7 for about seven hours and the battery indicator didnt move. Put it on the charger and it came up full in fifteen minutes. I got it on sale battery and 3amp charger for $99
Thanks

Nappy

Well ya just named the three I've been looking at so I guess I'm on the right track. Kinda leaning at Dakota. Right know if ya order the 18ah y get a 20ah with the same size housing. One more question is what about lithium chargers, are more expensive,faster hotter charging better?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Well ya just named the three I've been looking at so I guess I'm on the right track. Kinda leaning at Dakota. Right know if ya order the 18ah y get a 20ah with the same size housing. One more question is what about lithium chargers, are more expensive,faster hotter charging better?

Sounds like a good deal, nice!

Dakota’s charger worked well for me. The amperage of the charger will designate the amount of time it will take the battery to charge. I forget what amperage theirs is? 2 or 3? So a fully depleted 20ah battery would take 10 or less hours to charge. As long as you have the time, what charges it doesn’t matter IMO.

Nappy

Sounds like a good deal, nice!

Dakota’s charger worked well for me. The amperage of the charger will designate the amount of time it will take the battery to charge. I forget what amperage theirs is? 2 or 3? So a fully depleted 20ah battery would take 10 or less hours to charge. As long as you have the time, what charges it doesn’t matter IMO.
Got it thanks