Baitcaster Finesse Fishing

Don

For deep water I wanted to use this with minnows while bottom bouncing or jigging. Mike I didn't get what youre saying about quit???

Three-Way-Rig-Catfish-Traditional.jpg 2 copy.jpg

Don

What Size VMC 7119 SpinShot®. I was thinking 1 or 2 but some use larger???

pabassman

Your comments about line weight has me puzzled. Not only do I not know finesse but I also don't understand line weight. A-5 was saying he would use light 6-8lb line for certain things. The guy at Cabelas said to use 12 -15lb line and leader as a starting point. You say 14-20.
Can you speak to line weight selection?
Made this comment a while ago. BALANCE. Light line for smaller finesse type baits. Light line = spinning tackle. All those previous mentioned finesse baits work best on 6 to 8 pound line. Open water like mud or gravel flats, skipping docks, outside weedlines are where these shine. Once you get into heavier weeds, stump fields, laydowns you want need a heavier hand. Heavier line is needed to pull fish out of the junk. A dropshot needs a softer rod and lighter line that fit the spinning rod better. One of the best finesse baits for bass is a 1/16 to 1/8th slider head with a 4" straight tail power worm on 6 pound. You couldn't fish it on a baitcaster with 12 pound line. I have one baitcaster with braid. This is my buzzbait rod. One with 20 pound for spooks. I use theses a LOT for stripers. That's a 3/4 oz bait and big fish in the dark you need all the power you can get. One 10 pound for jigs, two for crank and jerkbaits. 5 or 6 with 14 pound for spinner, chatterbaits, swim jigs, other topwaters and for flipping/pitching.

Solitario Lupo

Don don’t know what’s up with all this scientific methods on trying to catch a fish so go right ahead but a rod, reel, line, couple splits, and bait/lure I’m good to go. 😜🙃😉
Good luck. Hope it works for you.

truecrimson

Don don’t know what’s up with all this scientific methods on trying to catch a fish so go right ahead but a rod, reel, line, couple splits, and bait/lure I’m good to go. 😜🙃😉
Good luck. Hope it works for you.
In order to obtain maximum sensory enjoyment from the auditory representations contained herein, its is necessary t0 minimize load resistance through the potentiometer in ones preamplification section.