Charts

Don

Does anyone have the ability to download depth maps (chart). I need a depth chart of: 1)promised land 2 lakes,
2)Gouldsboro,
3) upper woods pond ,
4)Shahola,
5) Merril Creek res,
6) Spruce Run res,
7) Giving pond,
8) Nockamixture.

The charts that I’ve found are either poor or must be purchased to get the good version.

Don

That is nice. Kind of like listening to Hollow Hot Air. Wish I had a good chart.

Don

Why do yo need a chart?
I’m a man on a mission. Committed to details. I don’t just float aimlessly. Besides I have to row everywhere I go now as the motor is dead. Don’t want to forget where my success’s were either so I can mark them on a map.
Do you still float aimlessly? Thought so….you’re on a tether. Ah ha ha ha.

A-5

I’m a man on a mission. Committed to details. I don’t just float aimlessly. Besides I have to row everywhere I go now as the motor is dead. Don’t want to forget where my success’s were either so I can mark them on a map.
Do you still float aimlessly? Thought so….you’re on a tether. Ah ha ha ha.
Ok just get on x app and mark all your locations in Pa. The drop offs are easy to remember and your fish finders tell ya the depths. The marks on on x can be logged and clearly marked

A-5

It’s funny. I have this unusual ability to remember spots rough depth and what I caught on which color. School I’m not that good at bahahahaha

A-5

You’re too funny Brother. Happy New year.
Don I’m serious. Fishing what where when and work I have a uncanny remembrance of where devices are at inspections. It’s really weird. School setting blah blah no good

Reactions: Don

Don

I remember phone numbers of my church friends and neighbors in Dublin and Plumstead from my childhood but is doesn't help me in planning an event. I know, eventually I'll have a plotter and will be able to save waypoints and so forth but Im not there yet. I love to sit in my chair (command central) and measure off distances and record where the drop-offs are. I fish allot of unknown areas and I don't want to waste time and energy. I mean, Don't you see??? Don't you see how many Whompers I drag ashore??? That comes from planning and I love doing it as well.

MB3

We float aimlessly over and over and over making a map others can't download as we catch or don't catch. We even have a fish finder but don't use it much.

Don

Well I'll be.....A bunch of psychics, eh! I'm sure I didn't see you say that. You were never there.

Ha, So if you wanted to fish the ancient underwater creek bed that filled Gouldsboro do you do a searching pattern with a line and plumb bob. Then the next time, since you didn't write it down, you get out thee ole'plumb bob and go at it again. Brilliant, even TC won't find it. The secret is all yours, lol.
1672623598283.png

truecrimson

TC has a Lowrance. Even 7 or 8 years ago it had mapping and a chart plotter. Prior to that he bought hand drawn maps of Memorial and Sweet Arrow off a guy who is probably out of business since DCNR started posting real satellite maps with contours and structures.

However I have found it all of little utility. I remember where I caught fish. But fish apparently do swim around. And they also apparently can't read maps to know where they are supposed to be ;)