Do we dare?

Don

Lol! Sounds like a good time to us. Looks like a beautiful place Don!!
Great Wedding venue. They even let A-5 attend something there. Its the barns and farm I grew up in and If it weren't so far for the members here I'd try to get a good deal. If we were really wanting to meet and enjoy each other's company and benefit from their skills then a venue in Allentown on a cold autumn afternoon would give us all more time to eat, fellowship and show off. We could share rigs and tie flys and have dry casting contests. A-5 could sponsor singing contest, outside, up the creek, alone. Allentown is about the same distance for The MB3's, Z-birds, TC, and DonM. When I say Allentown It could also be Jim Thorp, Bethlehem and more.

Don

I'd encourage you all to think about how much time you would be able to focus on each others dialog if you're out on a boat 100 yards away from each other...not much. I believe if we met off the water and had more in-depth discussions, shared skills and discussed goals we would come away with a longer lasting memories and benefits. Grem is surely the epicenter of our group but I didn't want to put that on him. Maybe he'll feel sorry and volunteer. What we need as far as a venue would depend on the temp and weather.
Once again it would be far for Sol.

Gremcat

Sorry gang, I’m literally all over US at moment. Absolutely can congregate we’ve plenty of space. Anyone falls off climbing wall in living room your trespassing. Other than that we can host a small army. Foliage is great mid-Oct. right behind house is Glen Onoko and if foliage is still blocking view it’s a 5 min walk to semi private overlook. Extra lot has a very large fire pit/ring setup, hammock, zipline. Can always hit Robert’s Run at bottom of my hill for a native Brookie if you can’t pass over a large pool full of natives without a cast.

I’m booked mostly into late Sept with travel. I’m forgetting which days I fly where and just added emerging tech and IT extraordinaire to my job description.

With a little notice though I can block a day or week. One of the perks of working in so many groups. Pretty much left to decide what I think I should work on.

I’ve not been on much sorry. Our one lower rental my brother uses. The big 2 floor one. Small one is maybe rented for foliage depending on dates. If it’s not I’ll have her block it. If it is rented it doesn’t matter. It’s under upper garage mostly and we can fit everyone upstairs levels easy. Side porch can fit most everyone probably buy a few others if not.

Heck maybe Melvin or someone can look at my pile O Fly rods and find one to show me how to cast. Have stuff like giant connect 4, etc. if weathers nice.

A-5

Well everyone. Looks like Gremcat said we can meet there at his house. He’s got a great place with a landline for the kids. My kids loved it. A fire pit and grills. I have a patio tent if need be just gottta gt grem not working

Reactions: Don

Don

Ahh. Todays kids. A-5 needs a participation trophy 🏆
Well I hope this works out. We could all send Solitario some gas money, lol.

Gremcat

We know what time you get up. By the time the rest of us get there it will be dinner time for you ;)
Might be still breakfast for me still lol. Y’all pick a date and let me see if rentals open to block. Plenty of beds around regardless and plenty of native or wild spawn creeks in eye sight. Come one come all, Stay past a week and full rate might kick in

Blackcat Outdoors

I'd probably be down. The falls are around 2 hours for me, so about the same as anything else we've talked about. I have one backpacking trip planned for October so far, so I'll have to see what dates look like. Sounds like a good time though. 👍

Gremcat

Need to pin date. BC bull trout/char, sc zone 2 gator, and golden Sierra trout all once in my lifetime. Crazy fall but let’s pin down date for this and someone text me. Boss says 2 weekends in foliage open but already inquiries. Give me dates

Last edited: