jig hooks

Don

I just placed a small order. Second with him I think. #12 jig, several slotted beads sizes and some brass eyes. I have a bunch of non-jig hooks in size 1 and 2 that I'll be using for the larger size bugger, closers and soft hackle. I love those little #12 mini Buggers you tied. I won't post any flies with red heads as I was shamed about them on this site by other prominent members.:ROFLMAO:

Nappy

Don do you have a roster neck skin? It's easy to match Palmer hackles for buggers with the neck feathers. On the small stuff. Oh ya and the reason for the orange beads is it's what I had on hand for up north.

Don

I have the following:
  1. Strung saddle and deceiver Saddle,
  2. a bag of long and thin Schlappen,
  3. a baggie of mixed pheasant/Ginea,
  4. yellow, white, Black, red and olive marabou.
  5. small 1/8 copper beads
  6. lead wire
  7. copper wire
  8. stainless steel wire
  9. bead chain in the smaller size
  10. lots of 1/0, 1 and 2 size 2x hooks
  11. #6 Streamer hooks
  12. #8 90* jigs
  13. #12 60* is on order
That was fun, I'll skip dubbing and chenille and thread.
I like those orange beads, thought they were red.
IMG_4896.jpg

Last edited:

Nappy

What will you tie on the #29 size 12 and the model 19 size 6. Is six all the bigger you go on the river?
Well Don here is a couple. The dubbing is from our new puppy. He had a bath so I got some dubbing to play with.
Goose biots
Gold holographic tinsel
Baxter fur
Lateral scale for the flash back
Brass bead

Attachments

• 20210422_092433_HDR.jpg
    20210422_092433_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210422_092708_HDR.jpg
    20210422_092708_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Nappy

Oh ya this is Baxter. He is a little bit of everything. We gave him the name to be polite in public. It's slang for you little bast_ _ _

Attachments

• 20210412_151341.jpg
    20210412_151341.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

Gotta love the stonefly patterns. All my flies that I have tied with my puppy fur has all work great for me.

One thing tho nappy it’s not a jig hook. Lol.

Don

Nice job on the wings. I'm still back in the C's. C is for Clouser, and dang it, it is so easy to gumbo up the head by not getting the taper right.
Say Hello to Baxter.
Yea where's the Jig hook?IMG_4907.jpeg

Don

So I did order the #12-30* jig hooks and tied a few Micro Buggers along the lines of what you tied above. Deadly for Pickerel at Mauch Chunk Lake.