Knock offs

Melvinp

Been grumping about the cost of lures so I gave some knock offs a shot 25$ for 20 crank baits. Been checking the reviews on most of these kits and we’ll most aren’t good this set seemed to have Fairly good reviews so I gave them a shot not expecting much but will have to wait on this cold weather to end here’s a sample this company is x black the color isn’t bad and the hooks are sharp enough (finger test when opening the bag lol)now if they track ok wouldn’t be surprised if I need to take the heat gun and adjust a bill or to but hopefully not 20

Attachments

• F7049124-A94B-42E5-9E0F-A0C0B0A2AB92.jpeg
    F7049124-A94B-42E5-9E0F-A0C0B0A2AB92.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

Melvinp

Already see a problem the eyes have paint on them so off with the split ring and out with the knife to scrape some paint

Attachments

• 96C6717F-4289-4413-8793-E815C5BA21E5.jpeg
    96C6717F-4289-4413-8793-E815C5BA21E5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Don

pabassman

I've tried a couple with no success. I dont go thru a lot of hardbaits so I stick with the name brand. Soft plastics is another story. I do use Wackos, wacky worms senko. I have been getting some soft baits from two local guys, On the Spot Baits and Leading Edge Baits.

Melvinp

Lol second problem hook rings aren’t always lined up but they do turn and not all are sideways wait a minute I just looked and all that sized lures front hook is turned going this might take awhile get back to you all when I can get some open water

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

Haha I’ve tried them they crack a lot easier. Have a lot without bills on the. Watch taking heat to one. If they work throw them in until they break. Good luck.

Don

I hadn't been fishing these style baits since childhood. I used to fish original Rapalas and mepps #3. I find these all over the place in flea markets. they go for nickels on the dollar. So far I don't buy them on purpose but acquire them in boxes of stuff that I buy. Here is a sampling of what I got for free by accident:

Attachments

• IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 8

Don M

For??? I put a clear coat on them, while did a reel I painted.

Attachments

• Max 2k clear.jpg
    Max 2k clear.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

Been grumping about the cost of lures so I gave some knock offs a shot 25$ for 20 crank baits. Been checking the reviews on most of these kits and we’ll most aren’t good this set seemed to have Fairly good reviews so I gave them a shot not expecting much but will have to wait on this cold weather to end here’s a sample this company is x black the color isn’t bad and the hooks are sharp enough (finger test when opening the bag lol)now if they track ok wouldn’t be surprised if I need to take the heat gun and adjust a bill or to but hopefully not 20
I used to fish crankbaits quite a bit, not so much anymore. I used them when the river water was muddy to give off some vibration. I've bought some off brands and most don't have the "wobble" that a Rapala does, you can feel the difference.

Melvinp

I hadn't been fishing these style baits since childhood. I used to fish original Rapalas and mepps #3. I find these all over the place in flea markets. they go for nickels on the dollar. So far I don't buy them on purpose but acquire them in boxes of stuff that I buy. Here is a sampling of what I got for free by accident:
That rebel is probably 10 bucks now

Melvinp

I used to fish crankbaits quite a bit, not so much anymore. I used them when the river water was muddy to give off some vibration. I've bought some off brands and most don't have the "wobble" that a Rapala does, you can feel the difference.
Rapala is by far the best made crank bait out there I’ll mess with these things trying to make them fly right or I’ll just junk um really after the color spread if I get a hot color and style then I’ll buy a better version I definitely won’t take these for big fish.I think they would handle a 5 pound bass but wouldn’t bother for a 20 pound king