Micro Crankbaits

truecrimson

You need to get out more. Did we set dates yet?

Not that I remember.

Never tried the single hook. I've seen it done before though.

I tried it years ago. Hookups went way down, and throwing it after hookup increased. Now I stick with whatever type of hook a lure came with. But I crush all the barbs.

How many is a ton. Sell me a few?

I'll give you a few next time we meet up. Remind me a day or to before or I will forget to bring them.

MB3

I guess you always use mono for its stretch or shock properties?
That and I don't like to put tons of thought into things lol Honestly, it never fails me, we fish shallow and anything less than 4lb makes me feel as though I could be over matched if I hook into a larger species. I've brought in 22+ inch Golden Rainbows with it. I could probably step down but I'll never know lol

Don

That and I don't like to put tons of thought into things lol Honestly, it never fails me, we fish shallow and anything less than 4lb makes me feel as though I could be over matched if I hook into a larger species. I've brought in 22+ inch Golden Rainbows with it. I could probably step down but I'll never know lol
My son used 2lb sufix and does well with bass. I think he is nuts. He loves it.

Don

Not that I remember.

I tried it years ago. Hookups went way down, and throwing it after hookup increased. Now I stick with whatever type of hook a lure came with. But I crush all the barbs.

I'll give you a few next time we meet up. Remind me a day or to before or I will forget to bring them.
I’ll throw some dates out soon. I’m finishing up planning all my trips for spring.

truecrimson

I'm the same way. I tried braid and Flouro, and it just gets to be too much and too complicated. I just want to go fish. Not earn a degree in line dynamics and chemistry.

Blackcat Outdoors

I used to like 2lb. But then it got too small for me to see and manipulate it. Then the same thing happened to 4lb. Now 6lb is my minimum. Probably have to move up to 8lb in a couple of years.
I still run 4lb on my ultralights. I just have to keep upping the magnification on my reading glasses. 🙄

Reactions: Don

Don

I know the feeling. Although all their stronger and or other line Zebco’s Red Cajun 4lb is awesome line but with it being thin and red I can’t hardly see it. I’m getting stronger glasses soon 😉🤣
I still run 4lb on my ultralights. I just have to keep upping the magnification on my reading glasses. 🙄
do you run smaller Senkos and wacky worms when using ultralight?

Blackcat Outdoors

I know the feeling. Although all their stronger and or other line Zebco’s Red Cajun 4lb is awesome line but with it being thin and red I can’t hardly see it. I’m getting stronger glasses soon 😉🤣

do you run smaller Senkos and wacky worms when using ultralight?
Usually if I'm using an ultralight setup, I'm using the little trout magnet/crappy magnet jigs or small spinners and spoons. I have used the tiny rapalas or teeny craw with it too, depending on the species I'm target.

Melvinp

Micro cranks I like rebels not so expensive to loose like rapalas and pretty hard to beat a micro rebel craw at least in moving water where I do most of my ultra light spinning add a few panther Martian’s and good to go otherwise it’s flyrod all the way

truecrimson

I wash my hands so much at work that they dry out and crack and my fingers get rough. When they are like that, even if I can see the line my fingers can't make it do what I want.

Was afraid I was getting neuropathy but DR says no, just dried out from hand washing.

truecrimson

Micro cranks I like rebels not so expensive to loose like rapalas and pretty hard to beat a micro rebel craw at least in moving water where I do most of my ultra light spinning add a few panther Martian’s and good to go otherwise it’s flyrod all the way
Don't forget the Rebel Hopper too. Caught a lot of trout on that in little creeks.

Blackcat Outdoors

I wash my hands so much at work that they dry out and crack and my fingers get rough. When they are like that, even if I can see the line my fingers can't make it do what I want.

Was afraid I was getting neuropathy but DR says no, just dried out from hand washing.
Sounds like you need to use some lotion. I use it daily, but I've been married for like 20 years now, so..........

Nevermind 🥺