Pickle poopers

Don

So what are they for and how are they used for that. They don’t somehow look manly.

Melvinp

Manly what’s not manly about glowing pink poppers (night bite on the river)it takes awhile to make these and things gotta wait for the finger nail polish to dry.

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpeg
    IMG_2767.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0

Don

So with that great big hook sitting there, begging all weeds to nab on, where and how do you use this device?

HenryDavid

Actually the one you made me last year only had a tail, the bass were all over it. I think I still have the body but the tail was chewed off

Melvinp

So with that great big hook sitting there, begging all weeds to nab on, where and how do you use this device?
Nope not really that many weeds in the river normally depends on the water level and why put anything in front of a hook when not necessary and it takes some time to dry the glow in the dark finger nail polish I’m using to dry after that they’ll get tails

Reactions: Don

Don

Nope not really that many weeds in the river normally depends on the water level and why put anything in front of a hook when not necessary and it takes some time to dry the glow in the dark finger nail polish I’m using to dry after that they’ll get tails
I want to see how you tie the tails please

HenryDavid

HD can you elaborate on this. I've missed this every year but saw yins talk about it.
White flies usually reach the North Branch of the Susquehanna sometime in early August, might be early this year. It only lasts a couple of weeks but the hatch will move up river. After many years fishing this hatch I believe it's over-rated. It's short lived and the blizzard hatch pretty much ends any effective fishing with too many flies on the water. Much of the action takes place after dark, hence the glow popper.

Melvinp

White flies usually reach the North Branch of the Susquehanna sometime in early August, might be early this year. It only lasts a couple of weeks but the hatch will move up river. After many years fishing this hatch I believe it's over-rated. It's short lived and the blizzard hatch pretty much ends any effective fishing with too many flies on the water. Much of the action takes place after dark, hence the glow popper.
I think the glow is better to the fisherman than the fish most of the time but pretty handy knowing where your fly actually is