Plastics In organized fashion

A-5

I have a fishing backpack that has a cooler installed. It has 4-5 plastic containers that hold 500 or more beadsjigs ,hooks floats line. Way mor involved. I will bring in both bass and steelhead stuff and organize. But steelhead is my passion. Bass I’ve grown to love but I try to Kiss it for bass. I believe having 30 different color plastics and whatever is ridiculous. I have random crap tackle boxes I could throw out I hardly use. But the bucket I carry has my jig container, top water hooks fluro and a few different drop shots worms and weight and that’s it let’s go. I will hopefully be on three boats this year on my local lake so being mobile is definitely important. It’s kinda a go bag for fishing

A-5

6B069DED-752A-454E-8F9E-E7D3DD969575.pngMy steelhead pack. I should get one for bass maybe eventually. Now that I think about it. I do have a tacklebox that has my over flow and extra stuff I use along the way. But my bucket is hide.

truecrimson

I use 3600 size boxes for everything. I standardized on that years ago because that is what fit/came with a Cabelas backpack and a Spiderwire hip pack I used for different types of fishing. Last year, IIRC, I added another bag which is better for boat kayak.

The Cabelas backpack has a cooler in the bottom. It was soft though, and wouldn't stand up if not packed full. So I added a plastic container from Walmart to give it a frame. Has a hydration bladder pocket, which I haven't used in years, and plenty of spaces for all kinds of crap. It's good for on foot, bank/shore fishing. Not very good for bush whacking or in a yak. Would be fine in a boat. 4 3600 boxes fit in the one compartment and if you use the cooler for more you can get another 5 or 6 in there.
CabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerCabelasDescription.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerCabelasStockImage.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerClosed.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerCooler.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerElectronicsPocket.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerFrontLoops.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerFullSizeMainCompartmentHydrationPocket.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerLeftPocketAndBottleHolder.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerPaddedBackAndTools.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerRightBottomPocketAndBottleHolder.jpeg

truecrimson

CabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerRightTopPocketAndDryPouch.jpegCabelasExpeditionXPGDeluxeAnglerSmallFrontPocketAndHardSunglassesCase.jpeg

The Spiderwire hip pack I use more often as a sling pack. It was my old bushwhacking and wet wading setup. Holds 3 3600 boxes. I also used it a lot in the yaks early on, but then got away from it during my "milk crate" phase. I came back to it after abandoning the milk crate because I was carrying way more stuff than I ever used. It's still a favorite for quick minimalist trips.

SpiderwiredHipPackFront.jpegSpiderwiredHipPackFrontWings.jpegSpiderwiredHipPackTopOpen.jpeg

Last year I picked up this back at Cabelas. Still 3600s but I can squeezer in 7 or 8. It works in the big yak, but I haven't really tried it in the smaller one. I carried shore fishing a couple of times but it's not as convenient as the backpack. It's great in a boat.
20211007_164749.jpg20211007_164759.jpg

I replaced all the boxes these came with with water poof boxes and leave them open to dry after every trip.

Don

I like the 3700 boxes that came with my bag. Rather than getting a bigger bag I'll get to 3700s'. Its nice for now that all these plastic boxes can be purchased by size.

Attachments

• plano-weekend-series-3600-tackle-case-grey-1653154-1.jpg
    plano-weekend-series-3600-tackle-case-grey-1653154-1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 0

Bootfoot

View attachment 2691View attachment 2692

The Spiderwire hip pack I use more often as a sling pack. It was my old bushwhacking and wet wading setup. Holds 3 3600 boxes. I also used it a lot in the yaks early on, but then got away from it during my "milk crate" phase. I came back to it after abandoning the milk crate because I was carrying way more stuff than I ever used. It's still a favorite for quick minimalist trips.

View attachment 2693View attachment 2694View attachment 2695

Last year I picked up this back at Cabelas. Still 3600s but I can squeezer in 7 or 8. It works in the big yak, but I haven't really tried it in the smaller one. I carried shore fishing a couple of times but it's not as convenient as the backpack. It's great in a boat.
View attachment 2696View attachment 2697

I replaced all the boxes these came with with water poof boxes and leave them open to dry after every trip.
I just bought the same cabelas tackle bag last week and in most definitely has 3700 tackle trays in it. the 3600 trays are much smaller. I do like the bag because it has a smaller footprint.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

It comes in both 3600 and 3700. I went with 3600 so I can just use the same boxes and switch them between my bags as needed.

Reactions: Don

Don

Well I will avoid disturbing.
Today I took all the gear and artificial that I plan to use this year. The only stuff missing is whatever Don309 advises me to buy for Fluke. That would be kept separate anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

HenryDavid

I have a fishing backpack that has a cooler installed. It has 4-5 plastic containers that hold 500 or more beadsjigs ,hooks floats line. Way mor involved. I will bring in both bass and steelhead stuff and organize. But steelhead is my passion. Bass I’ve grown to love but I try to Kiss it for bass. I believe having 30 different color plastics and whatever is ridiculous. I have random crap tackle boxes I could throw out I hardly use. But the bucket I carry has my jig container, top water hooks fluro and a few different drop shots worms and weight and that’s it let’s go. I will hopefully be on three boats this year on my local lake so being mobile is definitely important. It’s kinda a go bag for fishing
Someone needs to invent a "Bucket Vest" for you

Solitario Lupo

Well I will avoid disturbing.
Today I took all the gear and artificial that I plan to use this year. The only stuff missing is whatever Don309 advises me to buy for Fluke. That would be kept separate anyway.
Looks heavy wait until you have to walk lol. 🥱

Don

haha. I only row or hit the throttle. But youre correct that if I walked id make very different choices. It is heavy. Bucket pack were just covered on Fishing Talks. TC has agreed to be my Sherpa-Styled Arms Bearer So I don't worry too much.

Don

It comes in both 3600 and 3700. I went with 3600 so I can just use the same boxes and switch them between my bags as needed.
I may get a second 3700 just for jigs and plastics. One bag for that one bag for spinners and top water stuff and a third for Fly Fishing.