Presentations, What are you using this time of year?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Troutspinster I just sol ved all our late season mis fortune and miseries by making a wise purchase. I just placed an order for Kieteck leaches. Should cure all the skunks. Got a ten pack too so I can pass them out to members here.
Awesome!!

Let me know if they work!

Don

Now I have a general question.
-What do most of you use as trailers on jigs? I know A-5 only uses crays. Is anyone using Plastic worms or Kietech minnows?
-do u ever use live Nightcrawlers or minnows?

Solitario Lupo

Depending on what when I going for right now I wouldn’t use crayfish patterns. Plastic worms/grubs, minnow patterns.

Never hurts tipping your plastics with a minnow. Buddy of mine tips his curly tail grubs and does good with walleye around now and ice fishing.

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Now I have a general question.
-What do most of you use as trailers on jigs? I know A-5 only uses crays. Is anyone using Plastic worms or Kietech minnows?
-do u ever use live Nightcrawlers or minnows?

Craw for sure but I also use bugs, often rigged sideways to give it a bluegill shape. I have used swim baits and TRDs as well. I would wager that a crawler or minnow would do well.

Don

No wonder yins catch nothin. Only one perch today. Live crawler.

I was thinking that jigs tipped with live May make a nice presentation. But probably only humans think that.

Don

I’m in the middle of the deep hole in Little Swartswood lake. Fishin is pretty poor. Just two middle sized perch. Not keeping them.
For fun I took my third rig and put a 3/4 oz jig on. Not football. In thirty feet of water. Winged way out there. Soft bottom. Scummy. Couldn’t feel a thing. Where is it that you guys find rocky places this time of year? Every time I pull in the jig comes up all full of slop. Do bass go right into the slop? Well it was just an experiment. There is always next year.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m in the middle of the deep hole in Little Swartswood lake. Fishin is pretty poor. Just two middle sized perch. Not keeping them.
For fun I took my third rig and put a 3/4 oz jig on. Not football. In thirty feet of water. Winged way out there. Soft bottom. Scummy. Couldn’t feel a thing. Where is it that you guys find rocky places this time of year? Every time I pull in the jig comes up all full of slop. Do bass go right into the slop? Well it was just an experiment. There is always next year.
Well…the rocks don’t move. Lol. Actually, they do but would take a lifetime to watch. Anyways……

I find rocks with my graph but also a great indicator is just looking at the shoreline. If you’re feeling muck, move on. The rod matters a lot though. It needs to be firm and sensitive.