Simple but encouraging article

A-5

Um Don tiger musky and rebound? They are sterile. They don’t rebound they get stocked more. It’s PA gross try (sarcastic) In making big fish. It’s a joke.

A-5

I only go for the purebreds. ;) I’m sure they are still fun to catch.🎣🚣‍♂️
Sol absolutely fun to catch, but they the fish commission push these tigers and absolutely ignore what could be a very good state to fish in. They are lazy and push lazy ideologies

Don

They were referring to the waterway. Back when you were in High School it was a place that an amateur could hope to catch a sort of musky called the tiger. Though they were sterile it was thought that the draining of the Dam would destroy the fishery and turn it back into a mere bass’n guppy pond. Apparently one of your pals from the state had dropped a wrench into the gears and it jammed and they had no meaningful control of the gates. At least that was the story we heard in Allentown back then. The fear was tha the musky fishery would be disturbed and that the bass would prosper so well upon refilling the lake. So when the say it returned the don’t mean the species so much of the environment that favors them. It’s back.
Now go hug a politician🤣😗

Don

Over the years while canoeing I’ve seen many a tiger musky lying in wait as the canoe drifts buy silently. This would be on the Delaware and Lehigh rivers. They don’t move. I’ve only seen a couple of reel Musky and you can too. They come into the walnut port canal in feb-March and sit there like ghosts. Not feeding, just laying there like in a trance. Then one day when they’re ready they leave.

Solitario Lupo

Sol absolutely fun to catch, but they the fish commission push these tigers and absolutely ignore what could be a very good state to fish in. They are lazy and push lazy ideologies
All I know is at least they stock these big fish in PA if they didn’t I’d probably be a cat fisherman:unsure: I couldn’t just fish for those bucket trout. Even those steelhead are fun but a trip or two catching maybe 20 in a day once or twice a year I’m done. Freezing and the drive is the worst.

Plus it’s a fish you can actually catch all year round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

From what I understand when I was talking to someone at the fish commission is they stock tigers in areas where they stock trout. They stock tigers as they are sterile and are easier to keep up with so it’s not overpopulate. They do love their trout so with stocking them and surveys they don’t get out of control. 🙄

Solitario Lupo

Over the years while canoeing I’ve seen many a tiger musky lying in wait as the canoe drifts buy silently. This would be on the Delaware and Lehigh rivers. They don’t move. I’ve only seen a couple of reel Musky and you can too. They come into the walnut port canal in feb-March and sit there like ghosts. Not feeding, just laying there like in a trance. Then one day when they’re ready they leave.
These big fish don’t move for nothin. I’ve even ran lures over their backs and they barely budge. Best time to tease them is when you see them.

A-5

They were referring to the waterway. Back when you were in High School it was a place that an amateur could hope to catch a sort of musky called the tiger. Though they were sterile it was thought that the draining of the Dam would destroy the fishery and turn it back into a mere bass’n guppy pond. Apparently one of your pals from the state had dropped a wrench into the gears and it jammed and they had no meaningful control of the gates. At least that was the story we heard in Allentown back then. The fear was tha the musky fishery would be disturbed and that the bass would prosper so well upon refilling the lake. So when the say it returned the don’t mean the species so much of the environment that favors them. It’s back.
Now go hug a politician🤣😗
Don real numbers since 2013 musky stocked 515,000 compared to bass at a 260,000. Like sol said they stock trout for their musky feed. When you double the stocking of a species and try to write we are the best articles, creates hate in my heart.

A-5

Point is shocker they have a lot of musky when they stock two times over other species

pabassman

All I read is gave up in walleyes
They require a pre determined return during their surveys. If they dont get it they stop and try something else. What I'd like to know is who comes up with these plans??? WHY would you put walleyes into a salad bowl swamp??? Theyve put them in a few pocono lakes like that and they alays fail. Yet Belmont and Prompton havent recieved stockiing in almost ten years. Both places produced fish. I've never chased them there but have a few friends that claimed they always did good on both those lakes. Lackawanna State Park is another lake that has potential but doesnt got walleyes. It has size, depth and a solid forage base. Better to waste them in shallow ponds I guess.

Solitario Lupo

Point is shocker they have a lot of musky when they stock two times over other species
I don’t get that either stocking so many fish in certain areas but in some waterways they can get along. I honestly think most areas are just stocked with trout so you have to buy a trout stamp.

A lot of states do this just not PA from what I’ve been finding out. What can you do when they all say they want a trophy fishery for fisher people.

Solitario Lupo

They require a pre determined return during their surveys. If they dont get it they stop and try something else. What I'd like to know is who comes up with these plans??? WHY would you put walleyes into a salad bowl swamp??? Theyve put them in a few pocono lakes like that and they alays fail. Yet Belmont and Prompton havent recieved stockiing in almost ten years. Both places produced fish. I've never chased them there but have a few friends that claimed they always did good on both those lakes. Lackawanna State Park is another lake that has potential but doesnt got walleyes. It has size, depth and a solid forage base. Better to waste them in shallow ponds I guess.
That’s funny that you say this as there is a lake by me that some people started throwing walleye in it. The fish comm did a survey and caught a couple. All they did was say for people to stop doing this as these fish are clearly living and doing good so why not stock them.

truecrimson

I read the report as "there's fish in there". That's good for me as I like to catch fish. I like to catch anything. Heck, Don watched me play with a turtle for an hour and I was as happy as a clam.