So While I'm Waxing Nostalgic, where is everyone from?

Don

This is where I grew up at. It was an old farm that had been passed down for generation and as a disrespectful young twerp I could hardly wait to get away from it. My Brother saw potential and turned it into a wedding and conference venue, thus preserving it for at least another generation or two, as the suburbs encroach on it.

Happy new year to all the there families!
Please list where you are from. County or preferably town. If you can tell us what you like about your area. This would be a nice way to end 2021.
-
-
-
ect, ect.....

A-5

Down the road from above. My parents moved from Philly in the 60’s. Bought a farmhouse on almost 4 acres. 90’s he was approached by a builder. We tore the farmhouse down and built a rancher. Gave the back 3 acres to the builder.

Next

truecrimson

Whenever someone asks where I'm from my first response is always "Originally, or lately?"

I was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. After getting into my career field (Respiratory Therapy) I lived in Sabinal, TX and then returned to San Antonio. Later my future wife and I lived in San Antonio and then moved to Laredo TX. We moved to PA in 2002 . We lived in Allentown for 7 years before moving to Leb-A-Non in 2009.

What I like about Lebanon is the variety of waters within easy shot; lakes, ponds, a wide variety of creeks, and even a big river. and And they aren't easy gimme places like the places the A's fish ;) ;)

In Allentown I had just gotten back into fishing in the mid to late 2000's. We were still pretty basic, and didn't find out about a lot of the fishing opportunities in the Lehigh Valley until after we left.

Happy New Year everyone

TigerBalls2022.jpg

Don M

Born and raise in the concrete jungle Philadelphia. Born in North Philly, moved in 1958 to Fox Chase what was considered country at the time. Still in the city of brotherly 1640878427800.gif

Don

Sol it couldn't have been that bad. I mean we talk to you.
TC youre the guy that always got kicked out at the Brass Rail. I just bought a car two days ago at Lehigh Valley VW.
A-5 I lived in the village of Old Zionsville for a couple years and learned to trout fish in the Hosensack and Little Lehigh.

Don M

fish in the Hosensack and Little Lehigh.
I fished the little Lehigh for a few years, many years ago. We used to stop in a bar across a bridge with a circus theme inside. I'm not sure I think the town could have been White Haven?

truecrimson

Sol it couldn't have been that bad. I mean we talk to you.
TC youre the guy that always got kicked out at the Brass Rail. I just bought a car two days ago at Lehigh Valley VW.
A-5 I lived in the village of Old Zionsville for a couple years and learned to trout fish in the Hosensack and Little Lehigh.
Honestly we never even went into Brass Rail. It looked shady to us. We used to spend a fair amount of time in Queen City Diner across from the little airport. We went to a private trade school down the road for a bit when I tried to change careers and my wife tried to get one, both unsuccessfully.

Don

Lincoln Tech?

That little Airport I was line man on on weekends. I flew with friends back and forth from Butter Valley down by TS.

Brass Rail was a locals hot spot. Really good food at an affordable price....this was 80's and 90's when I lived there.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Man, mine is complicated, LOL. My parents moved around ALOT and to be honest, they didn't have much money. They never really got financially settled until us kids (4) moved out and could finally afford to buy a house. In short, I call myself a Bridgeport Pa boy who had a nice stay in Schuylkill County and then back to Bridgeport.

Being we moved around a bunch when I was of school age, I attended too many different schools. Catching up with where the school's teaching level was difficult (and also going backwards) as well as making friends wasn't easy. This conditioned me so that I never wanted to do that to my kids so my wife and I had a VERY long courting. There would be no marriage or kids until we could finally afford a home. Once we could and did, things ramped up quickly and we've been in Gilbertsville for a little over 20 years now.

Don

That's living in PA which is ok but has nothing to do living a city life. I beat you don't have neighbors calling the cops on you.
Yes I guess your right. Our son lived in shadyside. We had heard it was an upscale neighborhood but it always seemed shady to me.

Melvinp

Lol well let’s just say back in the day you could only go so far and be back in time for chores the next morning born Wyoming county short time in NY then back to Wyoming county.