Tackle talk:What app do you use the most.

What app do you use

• OnX

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • FishBrain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • River app

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Fishidy

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

A-5

onx and river app

OnX drop pins and they have boat launches labeled. River app is for my river flows.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I use River App but since my fishing style has leaned more towards boating the last few years my #1 is Windy.

Windy tells me everything I need to know for our Saltwater fishing with waves, tides and of course, wind. I use it for local lakes as well to tell me where the current is heading and how the bait is being pushed.

Blackcat Outdoors

I use OnX especially if I'm trying to find an out of the way spot. I used it to plot out TC and I's trip on the river we're planning. Works great for that. I tried fish brain a while ago and really didn't find much useful about it. I'll have to try that river app and see how I like it.

truecrimson

I have Fishidy and Anglr, but I only used them a little. Fishidy doesn't seem very user friendly to me. Anglr seems like a great idea but it's complicated and not always intuitive. And it seems like I need to do things with it at the same time I need to do other things like paddle, navigate, or take fish off and release them. Maybe I'll give it another try this year.

OnX doesn't like my VPN and pop up blockers.

Don M

I never tried an app for fishing. Don't really know what I'd be looking for, I not a boater. But I do use Tides4fishing.com to plan my saltwater trips.

Reactions: A-5

HenryDavid

I spoke to a dude on Frances Slocum ice one day about a month ago, he showed me some sort of Navionics app on his phone, said it was free. He asked how deep I was fishing, Marcum said 16 feet, I was looking for a drop off, he showed me his phone and there it was, bottom contours and all.

Don

I use four methods methods:
-Google Maps. I find lakes and streams from the air and mark down if I see launches or access
-Safari. Once I find a place of interest I go to my browser: Apple Safari and type: fish (name of spot). For instance “fish lake lockabixon”. If that lake has been fished there will be plenty of pages or comments on the place that are independent of the commercial sites

- Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Map | Nautical Charts App
Then I go here and copy a chart and decide where I may get skunked that day

-www.netherlandbulb.com
Here I memorize the offerings, develop a sales pitch, decide on the rout And head out to sell sell sell so as to pay for all these adventures.

Solitario Lupo

I don’t use apps but starting looking at some. For you that have fishidy. Have you tried winning the contest on the bragging board.

A-5

You lie like a shark.
Nope PA I fish only two. NY doesn’t count. I fish a nonMentioned small lake and Nockamixon. NY doesn’t count. I live 10 minutes to a dock. Why would I drive any farther to catch nothing

Delaware has gone so far down hill it’s not worth the drive and my buddy who fished it. Sold his 40 jet for a 20hp. Again he’s 10 minutes from Nockamixon dock

truecrimson

I never tried an app for fishing. Don't really know what I'd be looking for, I not a boater. But I do use Tides4fishing.com to plan my saltwater trips.
Well, depending on the app and what it does, you might find charts and maps, locations where others have caught things and pics of what they caught. They might detail their techniques or baits. Anglr can map a route and add photos to it in the right place as you take them. You can choose what is public and private. If I give one another try this one would be it.

I don’t use apps but starting looking at some. For you that have fishidy. Have you tried winning the contest on the bragging board.

I can barely use fishidy, so no. I'm not really interested in that kind of contest. The biggest issue I had with fishidy is that every time I open the app or go to the website it makes me log in again. When I am catching fish I don't have time or patience for that.