The new toy

Bootfoot

I’m with A-5 on this one. Having had boats with carpet and the same boat with the carpet ripped out and replaced with vinyl, I can tell you carpet does not belong on a fishing boat floor. maybe on the compartment tops because that’s the easiest route to go with compartment tops. If you carpet the floor of your boat You will regret it. Don’t do it. I will never buy a fishing boat with a single stitch of carpet in or on it and the only way I’d ever put carpet in my current boat is if I was selling it. The bass boats just use it because it covers up shitty workmanship easily and cheaply.

Don

Can’t tell. Holds allot of jig heads. That’s for sure. The twins mad out like bandits.

Don

By the way. If the carpet is good quality short cut pile you’re good to go but I know you’ll never part with that much change. So forget car pets.

Don

Well I don’t now if it is or isn’t. Not ready to investigate as I’m afraid that it will make me have to do more.
I am a big fan of custom non-skid but not everyone has such refined taste.

Don

Hey Skidmoor! Anything new to report with the USS Uncle Melvin and Friends (AKA Ark)?

Melvinp

It not all this pretty the bow is still the ugly nasty hook grabbing carpet is was( real lot of work to replace that)And the the nose is a little gray carpet that we didn’t replace because it was in very good shape and had been replaced not too long before we got the boat.