The Voice of the fish Prophet

Don

St, Pa Bassman:
"I use 2 and 2.5" for panfish. 3" swing impact and 3" shad impact on a dropsot for bass. I do very well on a 3.5" swing and the 2.8 and 3.3" fat on various size heads. I use the 3.8 and sometimes the 4.3" fat for stripes and walleye. 3.3" fat is my most used on an A-rig."

Many will hear the call but few will answer.

Don

Sooo many sizes...are you sure you can tell a diff btwn them all. I thought I'd buy the 3.3 and the 4.3 for starters. I have the 2", a couple.

pabassman

St, Pa Bassman:
"I use 2 and 2.5" for panfish. 3" swing impact and 3" shad impact on a dropsot for bass. I do very well on a 3.5" swing and the 2.8 and 3.3" fat on various size heads. I use the 3.8 and sometimes the 4.3" fat for stripes and walleye. 3.3" fat is my most used on an A-rig."

Many will hear the call but few will answer.
Saint??? Thank you but a title never earned and certainly not deserved. Yeah I can tell. Different sizes for different situations. 2" swing vs a 3.8 fat.20220219_183743.jpg

Don

Oh, Okay. I've never seen an alewife so I'll take your word but for sure they look effective.

Don M

Any of you bass guy's ever use Hellgramites? I have fished Pennypack creek at the for close to 45 years, never saw a hellgramite in that creek. Till one day I caught a trout with one in his mouth. Now I use the fake version trout magnet has, along with the slayer (fake crawfish).

Don M

Nice video! Have to make a couple for when the snapper blues come in the inlet. I like blue fish for bait sometimes.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Any of you bass guy's ever use Hellgramites? I have fished Pennypack creek at the for close to 45 years, never saw a hellgramite in that creek. Till one day I caught a trout with one in his mouth. Now I use the fake version trout magnet has, along with the slayer (fake crawfish).
Oh yeah probably one of the best creek and river baits out there. Start flipping rocks on the shore when the temp gets around 60 degrees.I have more luck catching stock trout later in the season after they get used to natural bait but come may/june they are killer for pretty much any fish living in that body of water.Use a longer shanked hook and run the bard under the collar behind their head it will allow the clipper to slide up the line and you won’t lose as many of those glorious little critters

Don M

Yeah fishing the Perkiomen years ago my buddy and I would get them along the bank. Then we saw 2 guy's in the creek, one holding a minnow net in the rapids the other walking towards him kicking up gravel and rocks to catch em. We started doing that method and in 15 mins. we'd have 15 - 20 good thing about them you can catch multiple fish on one bait. Than again the small mouth are small in that creek.

Don

I have a great spot for giant helgramites. I’m sorry. I’m a baby. They
FREAK ME OUT!
3-5” long.

Don M

I don't eat snappers I eat the flounder I catch on them if 18" and over. Hellgrammites are nasty use hemostats, to put them on a hook, not the trout magnet ones :rolleyes:

A-5

Yeah fishing the Perkiomen years ago my buddy and I would get them along the bank. Then we saw 2 guy's in the creek, one holding a minnow net in the rapids the other walking towards him kicking up gravel and rocks to catch em. We started doing that method and in 15 mins. we'd have 15 - 20 good thing about them you can catch multiple fish on one bait. Than again the small mouth are small in that creek.
20”ers in their Don. East branch we have two 17”ers by Allentown road

Don M

Use to fish the walls just up stream from 422. And back in Schwenksville near a camp (think it was a girls camp) they built baseball fields where I use to pull down a path big enough for my truck.