Video to show off my skills. Just can’t catch fish. Attention Don flipping and pitching practice

Don

You should be ashamed for having spent that much time away from your 12 kids to learn those skills. And then there is the background music…Brother we have to talk, lol.

Don

I've had My Eyes on Shimano but would rather buy American. Dyou really like this little slugger?

A-5

Yea. As for buying American. The sales person I buy from is American. The small shop owner that employs the sales team is American . The delivery process is American. I believe they feed their families. I literally can’t and won’t worry about buying American. As it’s a small percentage of what’s important. I can get deeper but would offend. So I won’t.

Don

My take: All these reels benefit from the same supply chain no matter where they're from and if you buy American more and more Americans will benefit. Our nation will have some of the technology and manufacturing back that we gave away over the years. I could go deeper but it wouldn't offend, so why bother, lol.

I'm not buying this year as Ive just bought 3 Kastking Royal Legends. I've been Eying Lew's, Kastking and now Sixgill. What do you think of them?

Don

Yes. Re read my post. I didn’t know it until afterward that Kastking was American engineering and marketing but that they are built in China. Remember I had already read the opposite and had bought it at that time. It prompted me to look into Lews as they are also touted to be amarricam. They are made in various places but are all in the orient.
At that point I thought okay. No harm done.
Now I hear that SixGill is all American. As grape suggested I joined their FB forum and will hang out there for a bit until I’m convinced.
I’m not terribly against buying foreign. I drive a Mexican made FalVey. It’s just when I can I do reward Americans with my business. Could you imagine the insult to Scrantonites if we bought our coal from bangledesch and our natural gas from Peking? When the products are good and the price is in line I buy American.
Below is my new rod/reel combo. I like it but, like you said I should have a longer rod…and stiffer. Thinking 7.6’ or 8. What think thee?

Attachments

• FD4F1142-8A93-4C96-BCC6-0E1991C0F752.jpeg
    FD4F1142-8A93-4C96-BCC6-0E1991C0F752.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Yes. Re read my post. I didn’t know it until afterward that Kastking was American engineering and marketing but that they are built in China. Remember I had already read the opposite and had bought it at that time. It prompted me to look into Lews as they are also touted to be amarricam. They are made in various places but are all in the orient.
At that point I thought okay. No harm done.
Now I hear that SixGill is all American. As grape suggested I joined their FB forum and will hang out there for a bit until I’m convinced.
I’m not terribly against buying foreign. I drive a Mexican made FalVey. It’s just when I can I do reward Americans with my business. Could you imagine the insult to Scrantonites if we bought our coal from bangledesch and our natural gas from Peking? When the products are good and the price is in line I buy American.
Below is my new rod/reel combo. I like it but, like you said I should have a longer rod…and stiffer. Thinking 7.6’ or 8. What think thee?
I’m impressed. Don’s a Mac guy. ;)

Don

MACS: That cause I'm lazy...MAC does it all for tech loosers like me.

A-5 youre saying a 7'6 Medium will be about right?
I like thin but thin comes at a price.

Melvinp

7’6”

Ml
M
Mh
H
All have there place.

Medium in the middle
I like med light the best at least with spin just in general though didn’t pay attention to the post throwing chucks it would be med and med/ heavy

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
MACS: That cause I'm lazy...MAC does it all for tech loosers like me.

A-5 youre saying a 7'6 Medium will be about right?
I like thin but thin comes at a price.

Macs are great, user friendly for sure but they are powerful too, just depends how you use them. I use both PC and Mac. PC for my daily AutoCAD use, multiple screens, multiple programs, etc. and then Mac for couch surfing or editing graphics / photos. I'm all in on Apple's ecosystem, I even use the phone to pay for purchases everywhere. Heck, I could toss my phone into the lake and be up and running with 100% data retention in just a few minutes after purchasing a new phone. I wouldn't be happy about it if it happened that way.....I may have some experience with that......LOL but the data retention is important.