What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Winner of the evening. Not the reason for this post but pictures always make it better. ;)

IMG_2219.jpeg

I stopped by my local little reservoir this evening and the bass are back at the shoreline after retreating last week. Great to see but they were very shy today. Makes sense as the temps are still a little low but as I covered the shoreline, I attracted a buddy.

This one maybe 11” bass just kept following me, within 2’ of the shoreline. Of course I did the obligatory place my bait in front of him, he wanted nothing to do with it but as I worked the shoreline he just kept following, cast after cast. At one point I put on a PBJ colored worm and he turned and watched me put it on the hook with what seemed like avid interest, like a puppy! Of course I let it dangle in the water, non-hook side just to see if he would like it, nah. He just continued to watch me for 20 minutes.

Oddest thing I’ve ever seen a fish do. Maybe I’ll bring some real food for him next trip for a treat if he’s hanging in the same area. Non-hooked of course, I can’t go hooking my buddy now. ;)

Don

Winner of the evening. Not the reason for this post but pictures always make it better. ;)

View attachment 5119

I stopped by my local little reservoir this evening and the bass are back at the shoreline after retreating last week. Great to see but they were very shy today. Makes sense as the temps are still a little low but as I covered the shoreline, I attracted a buddy.

This one maybe 11” bass just kept following me, within 2’ of the shoreline. Of course I did the obligatory place my bait in front of him, he wanted nothing to do with it but as I worked the shoreline he just kept following, cast after cast. At one point I put on a PBJ colored worm and he turned and watched me put it on the hook with what seemed like avid interest, like a puppy! Of course I let it dangle in the water, non-hook side just to see if he would like it, nah. He just continued to watch me for 20 minutes.

Oddest thing I’ve ever seen a fish do. Maybe I’ll bring some real food for him next trip for a treat if he’s hanging in the same area. Non-hooked of course, I can’t go hooking my buddy now. ;)
Nice, softy!

Sol would Try Bread.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
He wasn’t there today but a bunch of his buddies were smashing my t-rig craw today. What a difference a day makes. I was a little surprised as it was a chilly night, though I did wait til noon for things to warm up and they responded nicely.

Reactions: A-5

Don

I guess I approve and will try it soon. however when it is a Kieteck Shiner I feel that the actual bait needs to be free to flop around like a dying minnow so I used CR.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I guess I approve and will try it soon. however when it is a Kieteck Shiner I feel that the actual bait needs to be free to flop around like a dying minnow so I used CR.
When I goto my local reservoir, I only take 1 rod and I make changes a lot so I put a bobber stop on the line first and then my bullet weight and hook. When I want to go weightless, I cut the hook off, remove the weight but I leave the bobber stop in place and just retie the hook. Saves a step when switching back and fourth.