What did you Catch Today?

Don

Yes I like that idee. I take three. One to catch fish with one to change the rigging and a third to whack TC with. It’s a big improvement over having used five rods in previous years and I’ll try to work this down to one rod.

Don M

Bad day on the water today. Shark river Belmar, 3 guys in the boat., 5 hrs, 3 good bites 1- 17.5" fluke. And didn't see anyone else catch. Brought home and salted most of a quart of killies. The only plus for me is won't be buying any bait for awhile, with all the killies and spearing I have.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Bad day on the water today. Shark river Belmar, 3 guys in the boat., 5 hrs, 3 good bites 1- 17.5" fluke. And didn't see anyone else catch. Brought home and salted most of a quart of killies. The only plus for me is won't be buying any bait for awhile, with all the killies and spearing I have.
I read a post on FB about a guy casting from the beach with similar results. He said he switched over to small shrimp or a facsimile of that and they started biting for him.

We are headed out Sunday. We’ll see how this mini cold front makes them react.

Don

I read a post on FB about a guy casting from the beach with similar results. He said he switched over to small shrimp or a facsimile of that and they started biting for him.

We are headed out Sunday. We’ll see how this mini cold front makes them react.
What is the Pocono weather looking like for Saturday?

truecrimson

Yes I like that idee. I take three. One to catch fish with one to change the rigging and a third to whack TC with. It’s a big improvement over having used five rods in previous years and I’ll try to work this down to one rod.
I did always want a nose peircing...

Don

Now is the time to fish Gouldsboro, as the weeds are still under the surface. But in another 2-3 weeks, they will all be on top and it’ll be very difficult to fish from a kayak because you can’t see down into the water from the kayak and you don’t know where the weeds are, and where the alleys are, I stand up in my drift boat and I can see down into the water pretty well and I find the tunnels and alleys created by current and wind and that’s where I fish . Once the weeds close in, I will move to Spruce run in New Jersey.

Reactions: MB3

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
If you would have asked me last week about major / minor fishing time, I would have said BS and when looking at time stamps on my pics this year, nope, hardly anything during a major time.

Today however, at my local reservoir, wow! The bite was almost every cast. I arrived at 8 and guess what time the bite shut off? About 9:30. So odd! But I guess there is at least something to it. I am eyeing that window later this evening. ;)

IMG_2222.png

Last edited: