What did you Catch Today?

A-5

TS I’m literally speechless. I was gonna text you about how your summer was going did hear much from the bass side. Answer given. I know I know but I’ll say it anyway. Praise God your ok. So if you start double posting and give rando BS threads we know what the issue is. Stay safe brutha.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
TS I’m literally speechless. I was gonna text you about how your summer was going did hear much from the bass side. Answer given. I know I know but I’ll say it anyway. Praise God your ok. So if you start double posting and give rando BS threads we know what the issue is. Stay safe brutha.
I'm sure I'll be quiet for a bit yet as I am still making up for missed work. Before I know it, Salmon Season will be staring me in the face. Looking forward to that trip, fingers crossed we picked a good date.

truecrimson

No pics but 2 midsize LM Bass. These 2 are my “recovery” fish though.

It’s the first time I’ve been fishing in a month as I’ve been recovering from a terrible spill on my mountain bike close to a month ago. I know, I know! I was suppose to wear a helmet. I’m not opposed to helmets, I always wore them when riding ATVs and Motorcycle and I swore one day I would pick one up for biking….you know, when it was convenient. Ugh!

Anyways, just enjoying a long downhill, not even pedaling on a rough asphalt paved bike path, I hit a bump that sent the front wheel to the right and under. It was quite innocent to be honest but at 18mph and with age and gravity in defiance of each other, it sent me flying head over heels. I managed to get back on and pedal about a mile and half to the road where I was picked up by an ambulance.

11 staples in my head, 4 stitches in my right knee, bruised ribs, bruised jaw, bruised knee, concussion and road rash on every limb, significant on my left shoulder and arm.

The first week was hell !! It took a couple minutes to just get out of bed as every move I made hurt! Everywhere!

The second week, wow, road rash ain’t no joke. I went through a big tube of neosporin and a half jar of vasoline to keep it at bay.

The third week I came around, I went back to work and had the staples and stitches removed. I even cut the grass and found out how quickly you get out of shape in just that amount of down time.

This week I feel good with just a little scabbing left in a few areas. I am “hoping” the large bald spot on my head grows hair back?? Fingers crossed.

It feels great to “be back” though. No, I will not buy a helmet as I am officially retired from outdoor cycling. Lol I’ll stick to the indoor exercise bike I bought a couple of years ago. ;)

Each one of the above healing periods would have been half as long had you let us know so we could keep u in our prayers. The bald spot is you lifelong souvenir.
Today I had major dental surgery. 11 stud implants installed and talking is not possible. So I ask that all the prayers you may have made on TS’s behalf, had u all known he needed them, that you heap them onto dear old me. Tomorrow they mount the teeth. All 22 at once. Miracle and painful. No bikes in my future either.

Wow. Praying for you both.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Isn’t it normally October?
It varies. Last year, same dates, it was one of the best trips ever. Go back say 5 years, same date, worst trip ever. It’s a gamble when you’re putting together 6-8 guys securing a place to stay 8-10 months in advanced.

This is one of the reasons October is often mentioned with emphasis on Columbus Day. If the Salmon run is over, people are looking for Steelhead. Many prefer the Steelhead over the salmon as well.

Don

My Cousin used to fish in Ontario just as the Niagara empties into it. In spring he says it is really awesome as all species, warm water and Goldwater, have feeding frenzies where the cold water of the lake joins the slightly warmer weather of the River. Sounds fun.

Melvinp

No pics but 2 midsize LM Bass. These 2 are my “recovery” fish though.

It’s the first time I’ve been fishing in a month as I’ve been recovering from a terrible spill on my mountain bike close to a month ago. I know, I know! I was suppose to wear a helmet. I’m not opposed to helmets, I always wore them when riding ATVs and Motorcycle and I swore one day I would pick one up for biking….you know, when it was convenient. Ugh!

Anyways, just enjoying a long downhill, not even pedaling on a rough asphalt paved bike path, I hit a bump that sent the front wheel to the right and under. It was quite innocent to be honest but at 18mph and with age and gravity in defiance of each other, it sent me flying head over heels. I managed to get back on and pedal about a mile and half to the road where I was picked up by an ambulance.

11 staples in my head, 4 stitches in my right knee, bruised ribs, bruised jaw, bruised knee, concussion and road rash on every limb, significant on my left shoulder and arm.

The first week was hell !! It took a couple minutes to just get out of bed as every move I made hurt! Everywhere!

The second week, wow, road rash ain’t no joke. I went through a big tube of neosporin and a half jar of vasoline to keep it at bay.

The third week I came around, I went back to work and had the staples and stitches removed. I even cut the grass and found out how quickly you get out of shape in just that amount of down time.

This week I feel good with just a little scabbing left in a few areas. I am “hoping” the large bald spot on my head grows hair back?? Fingers crossed.

It feels great to “be back” though. No, I will not buy a helmet as I am officially retired from outdoor cycling. Lol I’ll stick to the indoor exercise bike I bought a couple of years ago. ;)
Silly man you’re not a boy lol

Don

Nice job Sol. Met a guy on the Erie Canal last week that was there catfishing. He catches them and chops them up and freezes them. Then all winter he has food for his turtles that he keeps as pets. Maybe you have a future. Turtlesol!

Solitario Lupo

Nice job Sol. Met a guy on the Erie Canal last week that was there catfishing. He catches them and chops them up and freezes them. Then all winter he has food for his turtles that he keeps as pets. Maybe you have a future. Turtlesol!
Lol one time younger I dug up some eggs stuck them in a 5gal bucket with the dirt around them. They hatched into little snapping turtles. 🐢🐢