What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

No pics yet, the kids gram got them. A 3’ish nurse shark cruises by and I reeled in quick enough to hook it. My 7 yo ran down to land it😀 He wanted to get one and he’s got it made hanging in shady pool waiting for dad to hook one he can reel in.

Gremcat

I’m hesitant to downsize for snapper I keep letting strip my livey pinfish because I know I’ll get a tarpon or shark as soon as I do. Even juveniles can throw a size 1 circle hook unfortunately. 5/0 circles worked for biggest mangroves yesterday and everything else so hoping big fish show soon.

HenryDavid

Susquehanna River North Branch, Saturday night, quarter moon (almost), light hatch but fish got busy for awhile. I did see what appeared to be white flies but it would be very early for them. I hooked into a few on dry flies, then tried to take the jitterbug for a swim but they kept bothering it, poor guy.

sunset 1.jpg

dry fly smallie.JPG

J-bug.jpg

smallie 3.jpg

big smallie.jpg

big smallie 2.JPG

Rockie.jpg

HenryDavid

Susquehanna North Branch, higher than normal for mid-summer. Mosquitos, spiders, snakes, eagles, coyotes,.. the insects and night time varmints have taken over. Stepped on a snake, lathered up with bug juice but they kept coming, coyotes were going off after dark and something, fox maybe was crying and making a big fuss right behind me, gave me the CREEPS, lol.
smallie 3.jpg

Don

I've had those Jeepers Creepers from Fox and Raccoon. What are you using for bait at night?

HenryDavid

I've had those Jeepers Creepers from Fox and Raccoon. What are you using for bait at night?
Most of the hatches take place after dark, so, dry flies. Nothing much doing with that last night so I tried some top water with a plopper but nothing happening. It was decent before dark though.