What did you Catch Today?

MB3

PXL_20220815_141152148.jpgPXL_20220815_130651504.jpg
PXL_20220815_114150583.jpg
We had the day off but for me that meant up at 4:50am, wading by 5:35am. I had a 2-3 decent Smallies, this was the best one of the day. I must have had 20+ Fallfish, 30+ Perch, 1 Brookie and 50-60+ Smallies. I had a few on the fly. I tried paddle tails, curly tails but 1/32 bright colored spinner baits ruled the day. They must haven't seen them before. Every boulder, every pocket, every slow moving deep area, every weedy edge held fish. My numbers are conservative. I was catching Smallies on fly poppers, the Perch were super aggressive. I had 8-9 casts in a row with a Perch on. It was fun on 4 lb test and UL gear. I don't think I ever had a 100+ fish day. I started cramping up and had a long walk back otherwise I'd still be out there lol

On a side note the Compass 360 waders are THE best waders I have ever owned. Don't hesitate to give them a try. Money well spent.

Don

One heck of a day sir. Yummy in the tummy. Were those perch caught in running water? Odd. Only ever did that in the queechie in VT.

MB3

One heck of a day sir. Yummy in the tummy. Were those perch caught in running water? Odd. Only ever did that in the queechie in VT.
Most were caught in still water but I was pulling multiple species from running and still water. I had one hole jam loaded with Perch. Not one Bluegill or Pickerel even though I have caught both from here before.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

View attachment 3896View attachment 3897
View attachment 3898
We had the day off but for me that meant up at 4:50am, wading by 5:35am. I had a 2-3 decent Smallies, this was the best one of the day. I must have had 20+ Fallfish, 30+ Perch, 1 Brookie and 50-60+ Smallies. I had a few on the fly. I tried paddle tails, curly tails but 1/32 bright colored spinner baits ruled the day. They must haven't seen them before. Every boulder, every pocket, every slow moving deep area, every weedy edge held fish. My numbers are conservative. I was catching Smallies on fly poppers, the Perch were super aggressive. I had 8-9 casts in a row with a Perch on. It was fun on 4 lb test and UL gear. I don't think I ever had a 100+ fish day. I started cramping up and had a long walk back otherwise I'd still be out there lol

On a side note the Compass 360 waders are THE best waders I have ever owned. Don't hesitate to give them a try. Money well spent.
That brookie is awesome it would be a monster in my area

A-5

View attachment 3896View attachment 3897
View attachment 3898

As for the waders. They are great and reasonably priced.

Reactions: MB3

A-5

Most were caught in still water but I was pulling multiple species from running and still water. I had one hole jam loaded with Perch. Not one Bluegill or Pickerel even though I have caught both from here before.
What a day wow