Boat uhhhg. Calgon take me away!

A-5

Well. I’ve read as screws go. no stainless. Paint stainless, aluminum, Aluminum to weak. Boat guys say it’s ok to use SS. But not to use zinc plated ?

Melvinp

Well for three weeks I’ve been battling a neck/shoulder injury. I went from excruciating pain to man that really really hurts to really hurts to it hurts. Problem is I can’t sleep. I lay down and the pain wakes me like clock work. 1:30 am. I end up on the couch. Pic above is electro shock therapy unit attached to shoulder and neck and I’ve taken two doses of ultrasound treatments. So long story short the boat has been staring at me. Lol. I am actually feeling better now and ordered this at around 4 am as I couldn’t sleep.
Good luck hope you get putting the screws to it soon

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Well. I’ve read as screws go. no stainless. Paint stainless, aluminum, Aluminum to weak. Boat guys say it’s ok to use SS. But not to use zinc plated ?

Stainless screws are fine but make sure they are “good” stainless and not some cheap Chinese knockoff stainless. A decent SS screw will not cause galvanic corrosion. Alternatively and maybe even preferred would be aluminum rivets.

FWIW, I get all of my stainless hardware from my local hardware store which is an Ace. They have good hardware as opposed to Tractor Supply, not so good. Home Depot and Lowe’s actually has good hardware as well but my first choice is always Ace.

A-5

10-4. Probably a hex head Ss self tapper on the side and som kind of self tapper through wood into aluminum

A-5

All this and I’m still in pain😳. I gotta do this. Shoulder just hurts. Lol. So I grin and bear it. I have the kids jump up into the boat and help. I have three more to fab up then the foam and floor. I can’t wait to tell the wife 1qt of paint two 4x8 sheets of plywood and screws will cost around $200. Insane

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
All this and I’m still in pain😳. I gotta do this. Shoulder just hurts. Lol. So I grin and bear it. I have the kids jump up into the boat and help. I have three more to fab up then the foam and floor. I can’t wait to tell the wife 1qt of paint two 4x8 sheets of plywood and screws will cost around $200. Insane

Yeah, not cheap. Boats period, not cheap.

Reactions: A-5

Don

So there isn't any bullhead switch to mount? Just one of these on each Battery?