License went up

A-5

My out of state NY License. $50

My resident license plus trout $47

Bahahahahah what a waste of time for a 8” power bait brigade bucket army we just dump holes by bridges that were actually raised by private hatcheries not the state.

PA can go fly a kite

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I just checked, $42.94 with a trout stamp. Last year it was $37.94 with a trout stamp so a $5 increase. While I would love to believe that it is going to help us anglers out, right....just inflation. blah.

Reactions: A-5

pabassman

I just checked, $42.94 with a trout stamp. Last year it was $37.94 with a trout stamp so a $5 increase. While I would love to believe that it is going to help us anglers out, right....just inflation. blah.
I got mine today. I was surprised. Trout stamp went up. I guess I'll bring them home now for my son to put on the smoker.

Solitario Lupo

Doesnt sound like nothing new. You guys think that went up I just had to buy a new car even used cars with 80,000 miles went for the same price. Boy what’s going on all prices just keep going up there’s projects around the house went up double wish I did them years ago.

Don M

Every time I cee an increase, I think back to when they introduced the trout stamp. The claim was to have more, bigger, and healthier fish. Well none of it happened!!!!

Reactions: Don

A-5

Every time I cee an increase, I think back to when they introduced the trout stamp. The claim was to have more, bigger, and healthier fish. Well none of it happened!!!!
Good evaluation. I remember it as less bigger quality fish but whatever. For $50 I can fish NY they raise their own fish and have made NY a bass capital of the world and a salmon and steelhead destination with walleye and catfish galore.

PA I pay 47 bucks to fish for 8” trout that the state has admitted they can’t handle raising. As much as NY is a political drudge. They take care of the outdoors. PA puts up a façade on faking it and stocks tiger musky which is about the easiest thing to do and PA pats themselves on the back and fools most fisherman

Susky, Lehigh, Delaware, three rivers. Can’t grow a smallie like NY can. Why is the question. Can’t stock a steelhead that would actually be a steelhead. And our biggest attraction is flat head and snake head which the commission had no involvement in stocking

Don

I remember them saying that and Only ole' Troy benefitted it seemed.

Don

Good evaluation. I remember it as less bigger quality fish but whatever. For $50 I can fish NY they raise their own fish and have made NY a bass capital of the world and a salmon and steelhead destination with walleye and catfish galore.

PA I pay 47 bucks to fish for 8” trout that the state has admitted they can’t handle raising. As much as NY is a political drudge. They take care of the outdoors. PA puts up a façade on faking it and stocks tiger musky which is about the easiest thing to do and PA pats themselves on the back and fools most fisherman

Susky, Lehigh, Delaware, three rivers. Can’t grow a smallie like NY can. Why is the question. Can’t stock a steelhead that would actually be a steelhead. And our biggest attraction is flat head and snake head which the commission had no involvement in stocking
Its not about the Tug!
Its about sustainability.......human sustainability, screw the fish. New York I sooooo polluted that there are virtually no lakes and streams whereby the consumption is more that a meal a year for men the aren't planning to become pregnant and are not nursing, currently. That leaves some in their group out of luck. The waters of the whole place are disgusting except eeenyteeny portions of the ocean areas at the tip of Long Island, and while I love it there, I can't be there often. PA is a hair better. ME, NH and VT would be out of bounds as well but for the fact that they have hatchery fish that are safe for a year or two. Get'em while they're young.
I just did a small test of other waters and MD is somewhat better. I'm gonna watch where if I spend outside of PA and Western Jersey.

A-5

1 I never fished the st Lawrence

2 I don’t eat them

3 it’s about the experience with family and friends and a actual commission that gets fish in the water that are worth catching.

Water quality is a totally different conversation. Water quality in the salmon river basin is fine. This world is trash the water is trash. Deal with it right?

A-5

Absolutely I know! Lol. I can give a hard time back lol. I’ll start a water quality thread

Don

Absolutely I know! Lol. I can give a hard time back lol. I’ll start a water quality thread
Neshaminy
Periomen
Brandiwine
Darby

How am I doing?

DonM has it right, he catches stocked trout, but only feeds them to his Pups.

HenryDavid

''Susky, Lehigh, Delaware, three rivers. Can’t grow a smallie like NY can." Are we talking about reservoir smallmouth or river smallies. I've always been told a river like the Susquehanna although loaded with smallies will never produce a monster trophy smallmouth like some deeper reservoirs. Am I missing something? Any NY rivers host giant smallmouth?

A-5

HD. NY is the Mecca of Smallmouth. They grow three times bigger in general than most PA fish. Erie is producing 8lb er however. Here’s a example