License went up

Melvinp

Young bass are deeeelish. Not all of us can live on slim Jims and Tater Chips like you.

Uh, umm, you do know you're supposed to scale them???
lol I thought those were the chips in fish&chips lol and the best eaten bass are only 10 inches long oh what did I saw that lol

Don

I will no longer eat Bass scaled and beheaded like I do with panfish or trout. With Bass it seems the off-tastes are in the skin. I skin and fillet them, drench in flour and sauté or bake with butter and lemon slices. Very clean and simple.

Last edited:

truecrimson

Young bass are deeeelish. Not all of us can live on slim Jims and Tater Chips like you.

Uh, umm, you do know you're supposed to scale them???
I've eaten where Melvin lunches and it's a wonder is that he isn't bigger than me and you put together ;)

truecrimson

Lund17

My out of state NY License. $50

My resident license plus trout $47

Bahahahahah what a waste of time for a 8” power bait brigade bucket army we just dump holes by bridges that were actually raised by private hatcheries not the state.

PA can go fly a kite

Amen to that. It’s really sad as to what PA Fish and Boat has become. For those of us that don’t fish for stocked trout, it becomes harder to justify buying a license for my own state, when I expect after a license increase in 2025, it will be cheaper for me to get a NY non resident versus a resident in PA. Especially when I can be on a few of the finger lakes or Chautauqua with a few minutes more driving that I could fish small PA lakes.

Not to mention the absolute clown show that is the boat registration department. Every time it’s up for renewal, it takes months to get my new stickers and really limits me taking the boat out of state. I’m about ready to just register it in NY and make sure most of the fishing occurs there. That decision may get easier when the PFBC shuts down the Northeast Marina, I’m glad bought all those extra permits for Lake Erie over the years.

A-5

Amen to that. It’s really sad as to what PA Fish and Boat has become. For those of us that don’t fish for stocked trout, it becomes harder to justify buying a license for my own state, when I expect after a license increase in 2025, it will be cheaper for me to get a NY non resident versus a resident in PA. Especially when I can be on a few of the finger lakes or Chautauqua with a few minutes more driving that I could fish small PA lakes.

Not to mention the absolute clown show that is the boat registration department. Every time it’s up for renewal, it takes months to get my new stickers and really limits me taking the boat out of state. I’m about ready to just register it in NY and make sure most of the fishing occurs there. That decision may get easier when the PFBC shuts down the Northeast Marina, I’m glad bought all those extra permits for Lake Erie over the years.
Lund 17 Chat has some great perch and the finger lakes are their own special. I’m glad your here post more often!

Lund17

Lund 17 Chat has some great perch and the finger lakes are their own special. I’m glad your here post more often!

The best part about NY is that my 50 dollar, good for one year from purchase license allows me to fish for all the trout and salmon I want without an additional stamp, plus TWO Great Lakes, the finger lakes and lake Champlain without any other “special stamps”.

Melvinp

Hopefully the state will actually use this extra cash to do some much needed upgrades to some of the sites they already have. They are fixing a bunch of dams up my way but it’s being forced by the Army Corps Engineers hand staked stone doesn’t cut it anymore.