Plastic Baits & Techniques to use them

Solitario Lupo

If when jigging bounce off the bottom. Remember it’s made to pretty much go up and down. Can also do a steady reel close to the bottom.

Don

Changing the subject a bit How do members rig their wacky worms to be weedless. Or shouldn't I be worried about that?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Changing the subject a bit How do members rig their wacky worms to be weedless. Or shouldn't I be worried about that?
I don’t but there are weedless wacky rig hooks on the market. I’ve seen them at Dicks. They have a wire keeper to “help”. Texas rigging is a good way for weedless but then you don’t get as much of that natural shake a Senko is known for.

Don

So you dudes aren’t whacky? Oh, I’m disappointed.
I was talking with a fello that took me striper fishing on the Nock. He said that he never uses hook with weed guards. Used to but when he stopped his hookup rate increased. He only fishes whacky or Ned.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So you dudes aren’t whacky? Oh, I’m disappointed.
I was talking with a fello that took me striper fishing on the Nock. He said that he never uses hook with weed guards. Used to but when he stopped his hookup rate increased. He only fishes whacky or Ned.
I do fish Wacky, I snell a 1/0 Octopus hook and put it right through the center of the Senko. Very easy to snag with this setup so your casts need to be exactly where you want it to land. If it doesn't get bit on the fall, one gives it one pop, no response, reel it in and cast again. Don't try to drag that setup through stuff, you will get snagged.

Don

Oh, I was dragging it of course. Recently B. Lat or one of the other famous Tubesters showed this trick. So far no hits except by Gills. But there is hope. I used #2 Octopus and also Dropshot hooks. Pardon the artistic short-comings.

Attachments

• IMG_3653.jpg
    IMG_3653.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 6

Bootfoot

100% of the time I nose hook my senkos. No good reason to rig it any other way. put me in the group that doesn’t own one weedless hook getup. I wacky rig with with an O ring and the hook exposed.

Reactions: Don

Bootfoot

The river has weeds to. I fish them like that where ever I happen to be but it’s largely in the rocky river.

Don

Okay I get it. You all eat weeds and like them. I will learn to like them as well. Have you thought of pre hooking them with weeds?

A-5

Throw them in the holes if the weeds. Right now no weeds on Nock. I have been throwing it to the edge of over hanging brush. Not a fan of deep senko fishing usually. I’m throwing in 4’ or less

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Okay I get it. You all eat weeds and like them. I will learn to like them as well. Have you thought of pre hooking them with weeds?
That’s just salad starter for dinner. It’s like when I hook a stick and reel it in, someone has to make the fire to cook the fish right?