Plastic Baits & Techniques to use them

Don

A5 said that you use your spinning rod for wacky rig and other plastic worms. Is that because you’re not using enough weight to make them good with baitcaster?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A5 said that you use your spinning rod for wacky rig and other plastic worms. Is that because you’re not using enough weight to make them good with baitcaster?

Correct. You will hear guys mention BFS or finnesse setups. They are using that gear to throw lighter things like Neds and Wacky rigs.

Reactions: Don

Don

So I hired My sisters friend's, cousin's, daughter twice removed to venture around the Bass circuit to confirm bait color choices. This was to confirm that Im on the right track in the colors I chose. I found the following brief vid comforting. Bootfoot don't waste you time, lol. Sol make sure you have these colors for pouring. Z and others.....Wake up!

Don

Im sorry there is one fishermen advice I would never take and that’s a professional bass fisherman.
ha ha ha ha... they always have an angle. So do u know why I hired My sisters friend's, cousin's, daughter twice removed to go interview them?

Solitario Lupo

They came here once did a tourney. From what I heard but don’t know how true. The story goes they fished in between the locks and the section they fished was heavily stocked a couple days before.

One to promote them
Two to promote our fishery
Three very easy fish to catch.

Reactions: Don

Don

They came here once did a tourney. From what I heard but don’t know how true. The story goes they fished in between the locks and the section they fished was heavily stocked a couple days before.

One to promote them
Two to promote our fishery
Three very easy fish to catch.
I never have enjoyed anything brutal or hyped up. Not sayin its wrong but I don't like NFL, NHL, or watching pro bass fishing. Just me I guess.

A-5

I never have enjoyed anything brutal or hyped up. Not sayin its wrong but I don't like NFL, NHL, or watching pro bass fishing. Just me I guess.
I follow the Scott Martin he’s a nut. Great show and a way to watch how they prepare. Haters gonna hate. I’ll watch Scott. His YouTube channel is great. Also Brian Latimer is awesome. Travis Manson also. Great dudes. Professional fisherman or not

Don

So far I like BLat. I have to watch it weather I like it or not.....learn'in.
I've learned allot of the ups and downs from tactcalbassin but their tech neeks are so very bass boat oriented that they aren’t practical for me in the current boat.

Last edited:

Don

These are the folks that suggested that I use hooks from 6-8 for these worms.
10-cave-club

I met them in the Des Moines show and they fish the upper Mississippi and Lakes in that region. Their normal targets are variably Northerns, Bass, Walleye and Lakers.

Last edited:

MB3

Almost everything we throw is Texas rigged curly tailed worms or paddle tails. We vary the size and color, keep it stupid simple. We have surprising success some days and on multiple lakes. We know our waters which helps. If plastics don't work then it's spoons and spinners. If that fails, by then the day is almost over but rarely do we go home skunked.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
keep it stupid simple

Man, have I learned that! I started Bass Fishing about 5 years ago, since, I have watched and read thousands of videos and articles.....questionably guided of course because as I've spent a small fortune on lures and baits that just don't work for me, at least not consistently. This year, I have narrowed it down to just Senkos, Neds, Keitechs and Rage Craws and it is starting to pay off and to be quite honest, it makes chasing Bass much more enjoyable because they simply work.

I don't know why I let Bass fishing do that to me. I suppose I fell victim to the marketing as the Bass world has plenty of that!